What's new

Estate sale

Ouch what hit.... to each their own... should have waited on the slow money.... fast money is just that here and gone..... just sayn...

Not really, he got a decent chunk of cash now. Slow money isn't always worth more. Time = money always needs to be factored in.

Not really, he got a decent chunk of cash now. Slow money isn't always worth more. Time = money always needs to be factored in.
Yes and he can turn all that money into a 375 Cheytac build

its like the old joke "my biggest fear is i die and my wife sells my guns for what i told her i bought them for."

as a buyer, estate sales are the best way to get deals on any guns. mostly because the people selling them may not have any connection with them and didnt have to pay for them the first time, so any money is mostly all profit.

One of the reasons I posted in the “list of guns” thread that my best friend has a copy of mine. Relatively easy for him to go down it and say “should be worth $800, don’t take less than $600”, etc. Although now that we have two boys I’d be pissed if any were sold off unless it was necessary.

Wife has a friend who’s boss inherited a decent gun collection, doesn’t like guns, and was just going to run them all into the police. I offered to help with selling them, including setting up consignment at my local FFL where they wouldn’t end up going to criminals (onemof her concerns with selling.) Never heard a peep from her, I brought it up a couple times and stressed that some were likely collectible, of historical significance, etc.

$16.5k isn’t bad. My ballpark estimate on a deal where neither party was really getting screwed was $15k. Who the hell wants that many Glocks? Or Sig 320’s? Only really “nice” guns on the list are the 686, HK’s, and Colt’s. I tried to sell a Springfield XD I took as a partial trade to our local dealer, basically told me they weren’t interested. Same shit as gold an silver. ”It’s worth $xxxx.” “Oh yeah? You actually tried to sell it for that?” I had a decent silver collection I put up on the old board and could hardly get spot for it, went and bought a shotgun. All silver eagles and 1 oz bars.

In the current (normal) climate, you’re lucky to get $350-$400 for your average used pistol. Smart thing would be to hold onto everything until the next panic then make bank.

Yes and he can turn all that money into a 375 Cheytac build
1121201531.jpg

One of the guys I shoot PRS with owns this one. Edit .50 cal

Last edited:
1121201531.jpg

One of the guys I shoot PRS with owns this one. Edit .50 cal
I don't have one but one day I'd like to have a 338 LM. Only reason I have the 375 on my mind is a buddy is having one built and he cannot find ammo right now. He called me last night and ask me to use my contacts to get him at least a few rounds so the smith can at least test fire. I found him some this morning at like $13 a round.:eek:

He got a fair deal for a single transaction. I don't see anything on that list that is truly rare or unique. Unfired doesnt affect the value for most of those. even the HKs are the super valuable ones. Maybe a couple of the SIGs are higher end, but they top out at 1000-1200. Someone buying a lot like that to resell is going to look for 25-30% markup and the market is getting soft on guns. People blew their wad in early rona and with inflation there is less money around for random purchases.

Same boat my uncle's collection will be in. He does have a few nice guns from decades back but I don't have the heart to tell him an "Unfired Smith" doesn't have the same value increase when its a Sigma .40SW. He buys a new gun every month or so but many of them are just common stuff that at best will ride along with inflation

Agree with the others here. There was nothing rare, overly collectable or even very exciting.

The Colts and some S&W revolvers are probably the best in the group with the non polymer sigs.
Other than that it's a bunch of tupeprware that is functional, but not very exciting or necessarily collectible.

He did really good to get 16K.
The reality of buying estate sales is you got to get a fair amount of boring non desireable guns to get one or two good ones.

Top Back Refresh