What's new

Estate sale

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
Dude I know is selling a gun collection from his late step-father. All NIB unfired. He'd like to sell the whole lot, how much should he be asking?

GLOCK
33​
GEN 4357 sig
45​
19​
GEN59
19​
GEN59
42​
34​
GEN 59
43​
17​
GEN 59
17​
GEN 59
43​
26​
48​
S/W686-6357
63-522
642-138+p
MP 45 SHIELD45
M&P 40 M2.O40sw
M&P 9 M2.O9
HKHK45C-V145
P30-V39
USP9-V19
SIGL320F-9-M179
W320F-9-BXRE PRO9
W220R-9-MIT45
W320CA-9-M189
W320F-9-MIT9
W239-357-SAS357 sig
WE26R-357-BBS357 sig
WE2022-9-BSS9
W225A-9-BSS9
RUGERMARK IV22
MARK IV22
COLTLE6920-OEM25.56
A/RLE6920-OEM15.56
LE69205.56
LE6920MPS-B5.56

Fuck selling them in a lot. Call up a online auction company and have them auction them off.

Me I would make the drive and drop them off at these guys place and let them sell them. They get stupid money for guns. They have 150,000-200,000 people on their email lists.

Then they do the FFL thing so everything’s legit and nothing can get pinned back on you.

I'm interested in few if selling separately from the lot

Fuck selling them in a lot. Call up a online auction company and have them auction them off.

Me I would make the drive and drop them off at these guys place and let them sell them. They get stupid money for guns. They have 150,000-200,000 people on there email lists.

That's a good suggestion, I'll run it by him.

To get an idea of market value your friend should look for completed auctions on Gunbroker to see what the same make/model in similar condition sold for then go from there as far as an overall package deal.
I agree what what others have said - there will be more money in selling them individually instead of all in one go.

To get an idea of market value your friend should look for completed auctions on Gunbroker to see what the same make/model in similar condition sold for then go from there as far as an overall package deal.
I agree what what others have said - there will be more money in selling them individually instead of all in one go.
Of course, but it's a PITA for someone that wants to get it over with. He turned down a $14k offer.

Of course, but it's a PITA for someone that wants to get it over with. He turned down a $14k offer.
Agreed but anyone looking for a maximum payout needs to understand it requires more of an effort.

It goes against conventional wisdom but I would use the auctioneer I listed over gun broker. The people on gun broker are gun enthusiasts who know exactly what the gun is worth and will not pay on cent more.

The guys on that site all all heavy equipment guys and for the most part have no idea what they are worth. Omg a ar15 I’ll bid 1500 because I have the cash and know nothing about them .

Was taking to the auctioneer about the last big collector sale they did. The collector was hoping to get 80-100k for his collection. He ended up getting over 250k for them all. That was a year or two ago.

It goes against conventional wisdom but I would use the auctioneer I listed over gun broker. The people on gun broker are gun enthusiasts who know exactly what the gun is worth and will not pay on cent more.

The guys on that site all all heavy equipment guys and for the most part have no idea what they are worth. Omg a ar15 I’ll bid 1500 because I have the cash and know nothing about them .

Was taking to the auctioneer about the last big collector sale they did. The collector was hoping to get 80-100k for his collection. He ended up getting over 250k for them all. That was a year or two ago.
I worked for Richie Bros for a couple years, (auctioneers need to be heard, right?), and between the www and in-person bidders, the yellow iron I saw come across the block went for near retail.

There are 36 guns at the minimum they are each worth a average of $500 a pop that’s 18k I wouldn’t take less than 25k for the lot if not 30.

I worked for Richie Bros for a couple years, (auctioneers need to be heard, right?), and between the www and in-person bidders, the yellow iron I saw come across the block went for near retail.
That’s what I was just thinking if you could toss a few inbetween the yellow iron at a richie bros sale they would bring 1.5x retail because of impulse purchase and what the fuck is 1500 when your buying 100-200k iron.

OK. Then what's maximum payout for this lot?
Clearly more than $14K :) I wish I could give you a better answer but I am not nearly experienced enough with this to give a decent ballpark figure so I don't want to waste your time guessing.

To be clear, I was not recommending selling via GunBroker, rather I was recommending using GB as a reference to determine value only to set accurate pricing based on what you clarified

14k is a fair offer . I’d give an average offer of 350-400 for every pistol on that list and the ARs will bring a bit of a premium being colts but still not that much . There’s not that much there . I’d say 16k would be absolute top dollar paying market price for everything . And buying a lot you should be getting a slight discount so I’d say 14k . There’s not much there as far as an auction craze to overbid on now if you had some OLD iron or some rare stuff it’s a whole other story .

Reactions: DMG
That’s what I was just thinking if you could toss a few inbetween the yellow iron at a richie bros sale they would bring 1.5x retail because of impulse purchase and what the fuck is 1500 when your buying 100-200k iron. I’d give an average offer of 350-400 for every pistol on that list and the ARs will bring a bit of a premium being colts but still not that much . There’s not that much there . I’d say 16k would be absolute top dollar paying market price for everything . And buying a lot you should be getting a slight discount so I’d say 14k . There’s not much there as far as an auction craze to overbid on now if you had some OLD iron or some rare stuff it’s a whole other story .
Yeah maybe. I figure he should look up the MSRP for everything and then take 75%. These are not collector pieces for sure, but some are just not available right now, so he might be looking at top of market.

Ride it out don't let him just unload them....as already stated above several times online auction them off.....:smokin: he'll be happier in long run..... don't let them go as a lot....

Honestly, he should sell them individually and make buyers pay shipping. The COLT 6920s will sell fast, as well the Glocks. The sigs look a little "race gun", H & K are always listed for $900+ used, and the rugers are probably $350 new so anyone wanting them wants a deal better than new minus background/ffl fees.

I think that most are undervaluing the guns. I can see them bringing 25-30K at auction. Less as a bundle. MSRP has little to do with current firearm prices.

Too late. He took $16,500 and kept a few for himself and all the ammo. Now he's got AR and Glock mags to get rid of .
That's extra 2500 more than previous offer. No biggie since he isn't a gun enthusiast. That's what happen when family member don't share similar interest.

Info on the ar/glock mags? Bulk sell I presume?

I think that most are undervaluing the guns. I can see them bringing 25-30K at auction. Less as a bundle. MSRP has little to do with current firearm prices.
Dont forget that auction houses take a percentage of the realized sales. Typically around 20 percent

Ouch what hit.... to each their own... should have waited on the slow money.... fast money is just that here and gone..... just sayn...
That wasn't going to happen with this guy. The guns were really the only assets in the estate, and dude had already paid out of pocket for funeral, etc., so its not like he hit the lottery. Split the net proceeds with his sister.

That wasn't going to happen with this guy. The guns were really the only assets in the estate, and dude had already paid out of pocket for funeral, etc., so its not like he hit the lottery. Split the net proceeds with his sister.

its like the old joke "my biggest fear is i die and my wife sells my guns for what i told her i bought them for."

as a buyer, estate sales are the best way to get deals on any guns. mostly because the people selling them may not have any connection with them and didnt have to pay for them the first time, so any money is mostly all profit.

Top Back Refresh