What's new

Engine swap engine angle

Rbx

Member Number
I’m swapping a 1KD into my 88 4Runner and have a question about mounting the engine. I was very excited to get started on my engine swap and never bothered to check the angle of the engine/trans before disassembly. I’ve been reading online, but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer. My pinion is at 3° now, on some OME springs using a shim I made to get a better pinion angle.
I’m making the mounts myself, so I can change any dimension I need.
What’s an ideal driveline angle?

Cheers

Depends. Front or rear? How long is the shaft? What is your output flange angle?

Also good info here

Last edited:
Concerned about the rear drive line angle mostly. But to be clear, the engine and trans mounts are not in the vehicle since they no longer would work for my swap, pluse I added duals, so I don’t have an output flange angle(this is what I need to figure out. I haven’t taken a measurement for the rear drive shaft yet since, but the axle is in the stock location with 2”ish of lift from OME leafs. I will be getting two new drive shafts when I have the engine and trans in their final location.
Thank you

Maybe use the above link to get the eng/trans tucked up and level... the front is G o d.
( BOTH OUTPUT SHAFTS)
Look at rear shaft length, rear pinion angle .
NOW do the front:smokin:
I hope
"Yer Welcome "

Thanks guys, I’m such a dope I didn’t see the link above till just now. Good info. Will definitely need to run the double Cardon.

Reactions: Clb
Top Back Refresh