Enclosed car hauler w/ramps

rockmup

El Hefe
Member Number
Loc
Greenwell Springs LA.
What sucks, what doesn't ?
Links ?

Brothers wanting one for his new buggy on 42's so 30' or less. It will live in it when not in use.

im about to list my 24' for sale. 7' ceiling, garage floor epoxy with texture on the floor, cold cold cold ac, insulated, rv door. bought new in 2021 just doesnt fit my new rig.

1699306392763.png
1699306555288.png

1699306426838.png

99% of the used market sucks due to the low roof. Add 1 foot and you are good to go unless BGMT.

I haven't seen one of these in person. But I'm enamored by the idea of Celltech trailers. A bit lighter that a traditional enclosed, but all steel--no wood, even.

im about to list my 24' for sale. 7' ceiling, garage floor epoxy with texture on the floor, cold cold cold ac, insulated, rv door. bought new in 2021 just doesnt fit my new rig.

1699306392763.png
1699306555288.png

1699306426838.png
It doesn't fit ???

Depends on what you want to do with it. I have had a 20', 24' and now have a 38' gooseneck with 30' deck. The goose works great because I can haul 2 rigs cross country but for a single rig, the 20' worked the best. Most rigs are no more than 12-13' long which leaves plenty of space up front for gear. The 24' seemed to have too much wasted floor space and was just bigger to maneuver and park.

Extra 1' height is pretty much mandatory, especially if you are wide and will need to have drive over fenders.

If he is gonna order it, some things to consider.
Most enclosed trailers come with 4' side doors. Consider a 3' door. It gives more wall space.
Get an RV latch in the side door and a window.
Spending the extra on an insulated trailer is worth it.
On my 20' I had preplanned to build a work bench in the front so I ordered it with plugs in the front at 5' above the floor for power tools to plug into.
Get an outdoor awning. Awesome for working in the shade or out of the rain or just plain having a cold one after a day of wheeling.
Torsion axles ride better.
Rooftop AC.

What sucks, what doesn't ?
Links ?

Brothers wanting one for his new buggy on 42's so 30' or less. It will live in it when not in use.

If he wants a new trailer have him look at the Phil's Trailer Sales and Waco Bills Trailer Sales websites. They both have huge inventorys and sell everything from economy enclosed trailers up to fully decked out high end trailers and at the best prices I can find in 4 states.

Even with the winches sucked all the way down ?

I dont know i havent measured with the winches sucked all the way down. I have right at 70" between the fenders/roof and the buggy is 76ish

Only 1 axle should be up at a time?

It is but the buggy is still to tall at the a pillar.

Wheel spacers, move inner fenders to outter fenders, use every inch of that lane you ride.

Not following 100%

Go with a tall enough trailer that you can make drive over fenders and make your life easy. Having to winch down, and fuck around to get in and out is a pita. I have a roof rack and overhead lights that are not on the buggy in this pic but you can see a missing overhead light. Guess why. :mad3::lmao::shaking:

65618547540__29B5D822-3834-4ACE-B706-08673616F514.jpg

What the fuck is the question?

Most enclosed car haulers, the door is the ramp. Ones that have barn doors have ramps like on open deck trailers.

Are you dense ? I asked about trailers with RAMPS, plural. I didn't ask about trailers with a ramp. Pretty simple to understand.

These guys sell them but don't currently have any in their inventory.

Go with a tall enough trailer that you can make drive over fenders and make your life easy. Having to winch down, and fuck around to get in and out is a pita. I have a roof rack and overhead lights that are not on the buggy in this pic but you can see a missing overhead light. Guess why. :mad3::lmao::shaking:

65618547540__29B5D822-3834-4ACE-B706-08673616F514.jpg

He has an aversion to a ramp door, you ever have any issues with it ?
I have two trailers with them and can't see them lasting long with a 5K rig going in and out.

Are you dense ? I asked about trailers with RAMPS, plural. I didn't ask about trailers with a ramp. Pretty simple to understand.

These guys sell them but don't currently have any in their inventory.

I'm not dense, I just don't understand what hillbilly fuck language you're speaking. You linked a site with ramp door enclosed trailers.

What kind of door are you looking for? If you want a single door, it is a ramp door. If you're getting a barn door, yes you need ramps, but like I said in my first post, the ramps are the same as open deck trailers. Angle iron or aluminum.

Personally I prefer ramp doors, but you got to be more specific in your questions.

My enclosed is 20' x 102" with a 7' roof. The inside measures 84" floor to ceiling. The top of my Jeep's windshield is 74" and it clears.
I have drive over fenders, used 4"x4"s to match the height tapered on the ends to act as ramps. 114" wheelbase fits perfect between the 4"x4" "ramps". The Jeep will not roll forward or back without climbing that "ramp".

20231107_175758.jpg

I'm not dense, I just don't understand what hillbilly fuck language you're speaking. You linked a site with ramp door enclosed trailers.

What kind of door are you looking for? If you want a single door, it is a ramp door. If you're getting a barn door, yes you need ramps, but like I said in my first post, the ramps are the same as open deck trailers. Angle iron or aluminum.

Personally I prefer ramp doors, but you got to be more specific in your questions.

So you have trouble with basic english, noted. :lmao:

This.

How many “RAMPS, plural” do you need?

2?
4?

Asking so you don’t get sandy again.

How many “RAMPS, plural” do you need?

2?
4?

Asking so you don’t get sandy again.

Well I guess if he uses the rear steer he might need 4 but I'd imagine for normal people it'd only be 2, ramps.

This is a far cry from sandy, just can't imagine how someone doesn't understand the difference between ramps or ramp.

Well I guess if he uses the rear steer he might need 4 but I'd imagine for normal people it'd only be 2, ramps.

This is a far cry from sandy, just can't imagine how someone doesn't understand the difference between ramps or ramp.
Again, what the fuck?

Post a specific trailer you're looking at that you want, and one you don't, and we can help.

I own a 28' enclosed goose, which sounds like it fits your criteria, but still I don't understand how you want to load the truck in and out of it.

Willing to help, but help us understand with pictures or links to trailers for sale.

The hell???

How many ramps should an enclosed trailer have?

98% have… get this… one.

Do learn the class

Again, what the fuck?

Post a specific trailer you're looking at that you want, and one you don't, and we can help.

I own a 28' enclosed goose, which sounds like it fits your criteria, but still I don't understand how you want to load the truck in and out of it.

Willing to help, but help us understand with pictures or links to trailers for sale.

Shut the fuck up Kevin.

I asked for links to trailers with RAMPS, not to be confused with a RAMP, if thats to difficult for you to understand then just get back in the basement. If I had an example I probably wouldn't have made a post asking for links to them , huh ? You can either help or not, I don't much care.

Ok, thats kinda sandy. :laughing:

The hell???

How many ramps should an enclosed trailer have?

98% have… get this… one.

Do learn the class

No shit, so there are 2% that have 2, clearly thats what I asked about. So again, you and your boyfriend can help or not.

Yup, theres the sand again.

Top Back Refresh