What's new

EFF you Illinois IM OUT!!

Good for you, while NC has some extra taxes and car tax issues, overall it seems like a decent place to live.

Plus if you ever want to feel real freedom TN isn't too far away!

Yea that's pretty stupid, however it's still WAY cheaper than registering a car here, even with that goofy property tax

The neighboring states were what attracted me to the area, cant wait to be less than a days drive to wheeling!!

Yea that's pretty stupid, however it's still WAY cheaper than registering a car here, even with that goofy property tax

The neighboring states were what attracted me to the area, cant wait to be less than a days drive to wheeling!!

Hickory will put you within several hours of some very nice wheeling like Harlan and Windrock. Hell you could make day trips to Uwharrie or Gulches. Check out NC4x4.com.

Duane

Hickory will put you within several hours of some very nice wheeling like Harlan and Windrock. Hell you could make day trips to Uwharrie or Gulches. Check out NC4x4.com.

Duane

Yea that's what sold it for me!! Being close to good hiking as well.

I have been lurking around NC4X4 for a bit! My wheeler will stay up here in Illinois for a bit until I can buy a house so that kind of sucks but it is what it is!!

Yea that's what sold it for me!! Being close to good hiking as well.

I have been lurking around NC4X4 for a bit! My wheeler will stay up here in Illinois for a bit until I can buy a house so that kind of sucks but it is what it is!!

Just sell it and buy a sxs, you'll fit in better.

:flipoff2:

:beer:

congrats... you're going to be missing IL when the seas rise and force you to move inland again.... :flipoff2:

Congrats on getting out. If my work goes belly up before we can recover from mismanagement and the corona I will be looking very hard at a different state to get out of IL also.

Go ahead and Brodozer out your truck now or it'll be Torches and pitchfork mobs and Skoal spit bottles thrown at you. FGL and Luke Bryan also must be heard over straight pipes. :flipoff2:

congrats... you're going to be missing IL when the seas rise and force you to move inland again.... :flipoff2:

LOL!! I forgot about that!

Just thought about it, drowning under sea water still better than drowning in taxes and bending the knee to radical groups running the state!!

LOL!! I forgot about that!

Just thought about it, drowning under sea water still better than drowning in taxes and bending the knee to radical groups running the state!!

But but but, you are leaving before our new 'Fair Tax' gets passed where 90% of the people will pay the same or $5.00 less on their state taxes and the rich will give shitcago more money to waste.

But but but, you are leaving before our new 'Fair Tax' gets passed where 90% of the people will pay the same or $5.00 less on their state taxes and the rich will give shitcago more money to waste.

Yeat raise eleventy trillion dollars or whatever they are claiming.....

Finally escaping this hell hole, I accepted a job offer in North Carolina in the Hickory area.

Cant wait to see this place in my rearview mirror!!

I was on the commie side of the river today picking up a machine, sooooo glad to cross the river back on my side

BTW, do you know why all the trees along the Mississippi River in Missouri are bent towards Illinois?

... because Illinois sucks. :flipoff2:

Have fun hiding in your air-conditioned garage from June til September. Also, spiders.

I was on the commie side of the river today picking up a machine, sooooo glad to cross the river back on my side

BTW, do you know why all the trees along the Mississippi River in Missouri are bent towards Illinois?

... because Illinois sucks. :flipoff2:

Thats the first Illinois themed dad joke I have heard!!:flipoff2:

The scary part is down south by you is the kind of normal part the state!

Top Back Refresh