What's new

dumb dually axle Question.

Member Number
Loc
Sunny Sequim, WA
I can find tons of info on Sterlings, and front axles, but not much on Dana 80 DRW rears.

anyway...

is there any difference in the REAR dana 80 DRW axles between 99-04, vs 05+

I have an 05 SRW truck, and there is a 4.30 DRW axle for sale locally. My current pinion is growling and I want to convert to dually anyway, but its from an 03. any difference?

is there any difference in the REAR dana 80 DRW axles between 99-04, vs 05+

I have an 05 SRW truck, and there is a 4.30 DRW axle for sale locally. My current pinion is growling and I want to convert to dually anyway, but its from an 03. any difference?

Wheel bolt pattern gets bigger on F350 DRW 05+.

Also, I believe the c&c vs pickup perch spacing and overall width still differs on these 'new' trucks.

Wheel bolt pattern gets bigger on F350 DRW 05+.

Also, I believe the c&c vs pickup perch spacing and overall width still differs on these 'new' trucks.

Was going to say this.

He may actually want the older D80 if he wants to keep 8x170. Although I'm not sure how adapters would work. 99-04 adapters may fit, but maybe not?

Was going to say this.

He may actually want the older D80 if he wants to keep 8x170. Although I'm not sure how adapters would work. 99-04 adapters may fit, but maybe not?
I've already got front adapters off an 09? I think, so 8x200 for those. although I've always got an eye out for a deal on an 450 width front.

If the only real difference is the bolt pattern, I'm assuming the change is in the hubs?

I've already got front adapters off an 09? I think, so 8x200 for those. although I've always got an eye out for a deal on an 450 width front.

Ah, well just stick with a 05+ rear then.

If the only real difference is the bolt pattern, I'm assuming the change is in the hubs?

Hard to say, doubt it's worth buying a complete axle and trying to find just hubs only to find out they don't work.

I think the 99-04 rear is ideal actually. It keeps the 8x170mm bolt pattern. You'd have the choice of running srw or drw wheels on the back.

Are 99-04 front drw spacers unobtanium? How much massaging could they need to fit an 05?

I think the 99-04 rear is ideal actually. It keeps the 8x170mm bolt pattern. You'd have the choice of running srw or drw wheels on the back.

Are 99-04 front drw spacers unobtanium? How much massaging could they need to fit an 05?

The only problem I see is that they only made dually's in that pattern for 5 years. Then 8x200 is now been 17.

Maybe not an issue depending on his plans.

Top Back Refresh