What's new

Don't laugh - need a bit of help

idahojeep

rambling
Member Number
I sold my JK Wrangler but just bought my hubby a Jeep Compass for a DD. He was wrecking the 02 F350 driving it to work every day.

His B-day is next month and he wants crossbars for the rack. Do I need the OEM ones? Are the cheaper ones crap? Better ones somewhere else?

We have a basket for stuff and we want to carry 2 kayaks too. It probably won't hold a RTT? We had an M416 trailer for my JK and an M105 for the truck but sold both of them. Dumb. Will probably find another M416 (or build something) to put the RTT on and build it out for camping.

Well now that I look it sure isn't much to attach to. WTH? Can we even put anything up there? It looks like it would need some kind of risers too?

20200828_195813.jpg

When he said he wants "crossbars" what he really meant is a blowjob.

you're welcome for saving your marriage

Damn. Ok. Then I'll need some new lights for my bday. Really big ones mounted high up. :lmao:

He gets his stuff for free tbh. Doesn't need a bday.

Last edited:
Thule or Yakima sells feet that attach to the rails and the crossbars mount on the feet. Lots of choices in crossbars these days... round, square, and elliptical shapes. I installed Thule feet/elliptical crossbars on the wife's Honda HRV and they've been badass. We haul either a 13' double kayak, 2 10' kayaks, or our stubby whitewater boats on them and they are quiet and sturdy AF. They're coin, but totally worth it. Buy once cry once solid investment.
I'm about to go with a Prinsu rack on my Tacoma and believe they may be offered for Jeep SUVS.

At least you didn't get him a goddamned Civic or Kia bullshit:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Thule or Yakima sells feet that attach to the rails and the crossbars mount on the feet. Lots of choices in crossbars these days... round, square, and elliptical shapes. I installed Thule feet/elliptical crossbars on the wife's Honda HRV and they've been badass. We haul either a 13' double kayak, 2 10' kayaks, or our stubby whitewater boats on them and they are quiet and sturdy AF. They're coin, but totally worth it. Buy once cry once solid investment.
I'm about to go with a Prinsu rack on my Tacoma and believe they may be offered for Jeep SUVS.

At least you didn't get him a goddamned Civic or Kia bullshit:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for! I hate buying cheap shit. Hauling the frigging kayaks in the truck is getting to be a pain in the ass. Maybe I'll check out what they have for my suby too.

I'm pretty impressed with this Jeep. But I want a 2dr Bronco.

The only solution is to cut sections out of the mast of an old sailboat then machine billet adapters for the ends :flipoff2:

The only solution is to cut sections out of the mast of an old sailboat then machine billet adapters for the ends :flipoff2:

Let me know when they're done and post up pics. If everyone says they don't look like shit and will fit, I'll paypal you $10. :flipoff2:

I can't get past the hubby driving a compass part......

Sell the compass
That would make 2 helpful responses :smokin:
and fuck kayaks.

Top Back Refresh