What's new

Does your rig fit in your garage?

My rig is so slammed:flipoff2:

Built my runner on 46" mickys in a garage with a 7 foot door.

Shock hoops coming through the body in all 4 corners:laughing:

Cut so much body out of it that afterwards you realize you just don't need

My buddy hates my rig:laughing:

My garage has a small lane to walk through, 5-6 motorcycles at any given time plus all my tools/welder etc... Even if it was empty I don't think my short bed F150 would fit in the narrow ass 7 foot door. You'd think a house built in the 50's would be better suited to normal sized vehicles.

No problem fitting in my garage with my Bronco on 38.5's. even fits through the short door on the other end of the garage.
20180105_152603-1.jpg

At one point I fit a crew max tundra in my garage. That was a few years, and a bunch of crap I have acquired ago. It would take a major rearranging to pull my wife’s stock 4 runner in now.

I built my rig to fit in my garage. :homer: Sitting on 40's and have 3" to spare with a 7' door. This is the first thing you do when you start. Pick a height, build, cut, and weld until everything fits.

Mine fits loaded on the trailer. We built around keeping the roof line low enough to fit in still loaded.

My truck does not fit, I picked up a carport and converted it to a garage bay back when I was building a rockwell 4 seater that definitely did not fit in my two bay attached.

carport.jpg

carport2.jpg

9 x 9 doors in case I build another 4x4. The GMC fits fine and will get no taller. The boat trailer hits the side on occasion. :homer: Should have gone 10' wide.

Have a friend that had to push the door up flat and vice grip it up there. Then once the trim was removed, he could pull the ranger out.

My old boss 35 years ago built his '32 coupe in his house and had to knock out a wall when it was done.

Yes. Both bikes and the ATV fit in there just fine. :flipoff2:

Barely, have to air way down to creep in. Hopefully adding a bay in front of that door soon..
05-31-12 015.jpg

My truck does not fit, I picked up a carport and converted it to a garage bay back when I was building a rockwell 4 seater that definitely did not fit in my two bay attached.

I need to do the same

My toys both fit in my attached 2 car, but just barely.

I need to do the same

My toys both fit in my attached 2 car, but just barely.

Guy at work bought a house that the previous owner had a RV and didn't take it when he left. I bought it for $200 with the roof, I finished out the rest of the metal panels and built the rear wall and front header. I think I have $700 total into it. its 12x20. I have definitely got my moneys worth out of it. If I ever get around to building another garage ill repurpose it to tractor/yard machine storage.

Only 1 set of tire tracks...

He JUST built the building and JUST installed the lift and hasn't had to time to move in tools or do any work in there before the picture was taken.

Close... Photo was the day we took possession of the house, and I moved the Bronco in first...
At the moment it's a disaster zone, as I'm working on insulating and sheetrocking it, so everything had to come away from the walls...

Last edited:
Guy at work bought a house that the previous owner had a RV and didn't take it when he left. I bought it for $200 with the roof, I finished out the rest of the metal panels and built the rear wall and front header. I think I have $700 total into it. its 12x20. I have definitely got my moneys worth out of it. If I ever get around to building another garage ill repurpose it to tractor/yard machine storage.

I need to score a deal like that.

I was looking at the HF 12x20 canvas ones with the expectation that after a year or two I'd be skinning it with metal panels

Some of you have probably ran into this problem before. Built the rig in the garage on jackstands. If I put the wheels on I cant get it out :laughing:

I suppose I could pull the valve cores but I would rather not have to deal with the bead coming unseated. Thinking of building a dolly with some heavy duty casters for under the axle tubes and take wheels off/on to go in/out of garage when needed.

Anyone else run into this? What did you do to cope?
Cut a hole at the top of the garage? Build a new shop?

flatten the tires or run mini tires to pull in or not.

Top Back Refresh