What's new

Dodge Ram front axle tech in CC

Ya that is just enough to be some extra work. Would be too easy if they were the same :laughing:

Went an took another look. It appears this joker is selling a spacer on both ends to fit a ford UB on a RAM. One for the Register and another for the wheel/rotor. That's some janky shit for $1800.

Click image for larger version Name:	dodge hub.png Views:	0 Size:	348.7 KB ID:	235017

Ya at that price, a freespin kit is the way to go.. Thats a lot of janky bs for $1800 when $800 gets you redrilled Timkin unit hubs at Branik and ~$750 or so gets you a whole SD D60.

If the UB is the weak point, and a free spin is used that effectively replaces that part. Is there another benefit to using the SD 60? Like other strength benefits or steering angle?

If the UB is the weak point, and a free spin is used that effectively replaces that part. Is there another benefit to using the SD 60? Like other strength benefits or steering angle?
The SD 60 is an altogether beefier axle; especially the '05 and up. For work truck or tow rig there is no need for the extra beef in the gears/housing and I can't see the justification to swap in a SD 60.

not to derail this too much but I have also had horrible luck with parts store unit bearings like timken and moog. the factory ones are made by SKF and can be had on amazon much cheaper than the ones that come in the Mopar box. my last truck (13 Cummins dually) had the factory bearings in it until 135,000 miles with no issues. I considered a free spin conversion but couldn't justify the cost since you can pick up a set of the SKF bearings for about $500

Top Back Refresh