What's new

Dirt bikes

Gots_a_sol

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Anybody else race on 2 wheels? One of my group talked us in to signing up for a hare scramble back in '14 and it was enlightening to how not that good we were :laughing:

Running a Beta 250RR. Was running a bored/ stroked Husky 125 which is still a hoot but that tall seat and no estart are a bummer haha.

Sumter national Enduro is next weekend and I got on a nice early row.

FB_IMG_1552947627001-XL.jpg

The old Husky 177

FB_IMG_1542636022987-L.jpg

Last edited:
Member Number
I have 3 months of experience as an old fat man bumbling around the local motorcycle trail on a DRZ. Ask me anything!

Harry Johnson

has no clue
CAL4
Member Number
I have rode with enough guys who race to know I shouldn't be racing. Enlightening moment came when we all lined up for fun on a local fire road and "raced" to the top. Apparently I need to practice my starts because I never saw them again after "go" :laughing:

Weasel

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I ride but don't race. Sherco Xride but in the market for another similar. TRS has a neat looking one with estart and Jotgas is supposed to have something soon but they've been delayed with COVID crap.

I'm not good at it and would instantly get busted up.

I ride like I rock crawl and that's what I enjoy.

Harry Johnson

has no clue
CAL4
Member Number
I ride like I rock crawl and that's what I enjoy.

I realized that after not riding much and crawling a ton over the last 20 years or so that I sucked at riding tech trails on a moto because I was trying to ride like I wheeled. Things work better on a dirt bike if you ride like a rock bouncer and try to already have momentum to carry over obstacles before you get to them. Made things a lot easier again after that.

Weasel

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I realized that after not riding much and crawling a ton over the last 20 years or so that I sucked at riding tech trails on a moto because I was trying to ride like I wheeled. Things work better on a dirt bike if you ride like a rock bouncer and try to already have momentum to carry over obstacles before you get to them. Made things a lot easier again after that.

this is true, but I'm not real skilled at speed so....:girly:

I prefer the really tight riding where you don't carry alot of speed. Otherwise I'm a pokey rider.

TrikeKid

Junk Hoarder
Member Number
Used to hare scramble a few times a year, me and the old man always picked hard races because we're both better at technical riding than going fast. I haven't owned a modern bike in years, haven't raced in at least 10. If the localish flat track gets to open this summer I'm probably going to try my hand at that.

Think this is from the last time i raced or close to it
Click image for larger version Name:	206788_1008614051991_5090_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	300891

Last edited:

Harry Johnson

has no clue
CAL4
Member Number
Used to hare scramble a few times a year, me and the old man always picked hard races because we're both better at technical riding than going fast. I haven't owned a modern bike in years, haven't raced in at least 10. If the localish flat track gets to open this summer I'm probably going to try my hand at that.

Think this is from the last time i raced or close to it

Respect. Flat track takes some balls. I ride with a couple of kids who do speedway and they are nuts.

TrikeKid

Junk Hoarder
Member Number
Respect. Flat track takes some balls. I ride with a couple of kids who do speedway and they are nuts.

Speedway is a whole different level of nuts, I'm not skinny enough or brave enough for that shit. The events I want to get into are all short track, relatively low speed. Probably going to be on my 3 wheeler since it's the closest candidate to be ready, just need to swap rear tires and throw some spacers on.

IH Parts America - CPT Crawler Proven Technology

Register and these ads Disappear!