What's new

deaths in DC

That is what I thought.

Aaron Z

It really varies from person to person. Some people can barely breathe others get phlegmy and tear up a bit. Ive been through it a couple times and while its not pleasant its not that bad. On the other hand a friend of mine ended up in the hospital for respiratory issues and another for eye problems.

Probably not going to happen. I questioned this myself and did some digging. From what Ive been told, if true, is that apparently the window or door she was crawling through was to the chamber itself while there were still legislators present. In that situations it is the same standards as no go zones like Area 51 or the White House. You force your way in, you get shot. Not saying its right, just the way it is.

I think in the officers mind she was crossing a red line that they were told to defend. BUT the problems was that they had not defended any other threshold with deadly force so the crowd did not realize that they were crossing that red line. Until then it had been more of a rolling retreat.

It is especially weird because she had some SWAT or other LEO trailing her that did not appear to view her as a threat. In the video they raise their rifles when the shot ring out because they are surprised too and think they are taking fire.

Also the Lefty Sullivan that was standing right next to her when she went up had been inciting and encouraging the crowd through the building and I think into that door frame.

It's not simple. A lot to unpack there.

I think in the officers mind she was crossing a red line that they were told to defend. BUT the problems was that they had not defended any other threshold with deadly force so the crowd did not realize that they were crossing that red line. Until then it had been more of a rolling retreat.

It is especially weird because she had some SWAT or other LEO trailing her that did not appear to view her as a threat. In the video they raise their rifles when the shot ring out because they are surprised too and think they are taking fire.

Also the Lefty Sullivan that was standing right next to her when she went up had been inciting and encouraging the crowd through the building and I think into that door frame.

It's not simple. A lot to unpack there.

Its definately a bad situation. The cop following her SWAT or not may not have been Capitol Police and known that it was a redline situation. I didnt know it was. From my understanding it was the worsening situation AND the fact that the congress critters were in the room.

​​​​​​

A court has shifted the wrongful death lawsuit filed by Ashli Babbitt’s family from Southern California to Washington, DC.

Babbitt was the Trump supporter and veteran who was fatally shot by Capitol Police Leiuetentat Michael Byrd during the January 6, 2021, riots.

Her family is seeking justice for the tragic death.

Judge Jia Cobb will now preside over the case, per Justia.

The Department of Justice’s (DOJ) request for the transfer received approval back in April and the case was electronically relocated to the District of Columbia on June 12.

All pertinent documents were received two days later, The Post Millennial (TPM) reported.

The outlet added that Cobb was appointed to the bench in November 2021 by the Biden administration.

The case was previously overseen by Obama-appointed Judge Cynthia Bashant.

Judicial Watch filed its $30 million dollar wrongful death lawsuit against the U.S government on behalf of Babbitt’s husband and estate back in January.

It brings forth multiple counts against the government including assault and battery; negligence; negligent supervision, discipline, and retention of Byrd that includes negligent training and wrongful death.

The lawsuit states that Byrd was not in uniform on the day of the riots, and “did not identify himself as a police officer or otherwise make his presence known to Ashli” before shooting her.

TPM reported that the DOJ filed to change the venue of Babbitt’s wrongful death lawsuit from California to DC earlier this year, to which Judicial Watch filed an opposition.

Judicial Watch highlighted that under federal law, a “civil action against the United States may be brought in any judicial district in which the plaintiff resides.”

It added “a civil action on a tort claim against the United States may be prosecuted in the judicial district where the plaintiff resides.”

Judicial Watch, fearing an unfair legal outcome due to a venue change, also argued that DC is a “hostile forum for January 6 defendants” because it’s prejudicially biased against Babbitt.

Earlier this year a firestorm erupted online after a Colorado grandmother who participated in a group prayer session on Capitol grounds was convicted by a DC jury.

The “praying grandma” could face up to a year in prison and fines exceeding $200,000 if sentenced, Resist the Mainstream previously reported.

X users saw the case as a perfect example of the prejudice against those linked to the January, 6, 2021, riots.

“Her crime? Peacefully entering the Capitol building on January 6th for 10 minutes & praying,” End Wokeness posted. “She has no criminal record, engaged in 0 property damage and 0 violence.”

Benny Johnson wrote, “The Biden DOJ wants to throw 70-year-old grandmother Rebecca Lavrenz in jail for a year and hit her with $210,000 in fines.”

“Meanwhile illegal aliens not only go unpunished for their crimes, but are rewarded with housing, food and prepaid debit cards,” he highlighted during another part of his post.

“Our country is so backwards.”

Trump spoke out on this case, stating the grandma “has been unfairly targeted by Crooked Joe Biden’s DOJ.”

“Her crime? Peacefully entering the Capitol building on January 6th for 10 minutes & praying,” End Wokeness posted. “She has no criminal record, engaged in 0 property damage and 0 violence.”

She didn't deserve to get shot...but wasn't she attempting to claw through a broken window moments before she was shot? Her actions and this statement don't really jive.

I understand their anger, but the only people in the capitol that day were feds, instigators, and people not smart enough to stay out of their trap.

She didn't deserve to get shot...but wasn't she attempting to claw through a broken window moments before she was shot? Her actions and this statement don't really jive.

I understand their anger, but the only people in the capitol that day were feds, instigators, and people not smart enough to stay out of their trap.
2 different people, 2 different stories. read again

Top Back Refresh