What's new

Dana 60 crossover

M92PV4U

Falling Down
Member Number
Loc
D.p. Ca.
I'm ready to purchase the steering components for my '75 k10.
It's getting a dana 60 front with diy4x b52 hangers and 52" springs I want to get the diy4x crossover high steer kit https://diy4x.com/product.php?productid=17796 as I'm also going to order their rear shackle flip.
Here's my question what if the high steer hits the leafs? Am I going to have to start over? Is there a better kit or way of doing this? EDIT: high steer may not be for me if it's not I'll skip that part.

Last edited:
I was planning on going with a chassis unlimited but it seems they are light bars and bumpers at the moment.

Was looking at that too I already have the high clearance cross member from them it looks quality.

Have it also. And steering box brace. I used a different pitman arm,needed a 1/4 inch more drop than the one they sent. Not a big deal.

I prefer ord a keep the spring on my trucks. Theyre the only ones that still offer a 1p capped arm. Everyone else is cheap cut out and slug or springless arms. Though i will say you have to drill out the arms for the arp studs as per they dont fit well. But the last set i bought was 10y ago so maybe they got it sorted by now

Does anyone know if the tierod taper in the knuckles is the same for Dodge and chevy? Since I don't have a tierod and this axle is originally out of a Dodge so I'm told. My plan is to order tres dom and bungs to build it along with ORD crossover steering kit.
EDIT: ORD also sales a tierod so I'll just get it from them.

Last edited:
Or ruffstuff/partsmike.

Reamers are cheap compared to hard to find specific parts. Buy the builder parts and theyre easy to get pieces everywhere.

I have a builder kit and knuckles in my shop. Ill let you know tomorrow.

Im pretty sure dodge and gm are same angle different diam. But im also pretty sure thats d44 stuff and not sure about d60

I have a builder kit and knuckles in my shop. Ill let you know tomorrow.

Im pretty sure dodge and gm are same angle different diam. But im also pretty sure thats d44 stuff and not sure about d60

Ok. Ill look around more before I order anything anyways.

Does anyone know if the tierod taper in the knuckles is the same for Dodge and chevy? Since I don't have a tierod and this axle is originally out of a Dodge so I'm told. My plan is to order tres dom and bungs to build it along with ORD crossover steering kit.
EDIT: ORD also sales a tierod so I'll just get it from them.

Dodge and GM D60 tie rod tapers are the same.

I ordered weld together crossover, tierod and simple front 60 swap from ruffstuff and pitman arm and rear shackle flip from ord.

Top Back Refresh