What's new

CutlerFab chassis #001

Awesome:smokin:

Are you backpurging every tube as you weld it? Was trying to figure out the small holes drilled in the very first pic you posted...

Awesome:smokin:

Are you backpurging every tube as you weld it? Was trying to figure out the small holes drilled in the very first pic you posted...

Its to keep the heat expansion inside the tube from blowing out the welds. When you Tig a chassis you have to give the hot air a place to go or it will blow a big hole in your welds

Its to keep the heat expansion inside the tube from blowing out the welds. When you Tig a chassis you have to give the hot air a place to go or it will blow a big hole in your welds

This is a problem with aircraft frames also. When your done, you dump some oil inside and plug it. Then rotate the frame over a couple days to get a thin coat of oil everywhere inside to stop rust.

I've always heard that, but personally never had it happen. Maybe it's more of an issue with thin wall tubing used in aircraft ?

I've always heard that, but personally never had it happen. Maybe it's more of an issue with thin wall tubing used in aircraft ?

It definitely makes more of a differnce on short tubes. The air only expands right at the weld. (Where it's hot) On long tubes the air can expand and the psi only goes up a little. You can imagine how a short tube will have the psi go up considerably more.

Well overdue for an update over here…

B6C9FC55-475D-4238-BB47-333224FC1E9B.png

This buggy is beautiful. Pics don't do it justice.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!. Sorry for the absence... I'll do better:smokin: Just getting my head back in the shop, getting caught up on SM. I'll post some pics and updates soon.
:usa:

The finished product looks awesome! The attention to detail is outstanding. Very inspiring to see such a well balanced and put together build. Forgive me as I don't have any of the socials but was there ever any pricing announced for the chassis kits? Also wondering if anyone knows what alternator mount is in the first post? Whatever the case nicely done :beer:

Top Back Refresh