What's new

CutlerFab chassis #001

Cutlerfab

Pirate flunkies
Member Number
Loc
Mayberry
Coming soon... CutlerFab chassis #001 RCT- right coast trail 😉.
Taking inspiration from many of my favorite chassis designs, dating back to the OG #twistedcustoms classic roof lines, #jimsgarage simplicity, and as late as #reddot brilliant packaging- with the similar door, because bad knees 😂.
Drew Burroughs @goatbuilt jumped in with the @jdsquaredinc #dragon and his CNC expertise to bring the 50", chromoly chassis to the NC mountains. I then designed a fixture for my @weldtables and sent it to laser as well. There is a generous mix of 1.75" and 1.5", with varying wall thickness from a .188 subframe, .120 mains, and .093 supports. Fully tig welded with precision in the laser cut chassis fixture, with my duet of @everlastwelders.
The #001 ship flagship build will be complimented with 71" @spidertrax housings with pro knuckles, their beautiful #40spline 300m shafts, @gearworks_inc #hp10, steering front and rear directed by #scottscustomoffroad gear pump and @psc_performance_steering rams and orbital. Cooling designed by @johnnyscustommotorsports_ and @crracing . And of course the standard rolling stock of the east, @intercotires 43"x20 sticky SX, wrapped around @kmcwheels #235 grenades from @goforth_motorsports_inc and stopped by @wilwooddiscbrakes. @prpseats to keep me comfy and safe, suspended by @fox 2.5 coil overs and dsc adjusters. Standard powerplant of LS2, th350, and atlas tcase.
Looking for it to hit the trails in late spring.
DOM and chromoly Chassis pricing to land by 2021.
#maketrailridinggreatagain #firstchassis #weldeverydamnday #fabricationlife #shoplife #cutlerfab #eastcoast

attach182452.jpg

attach182453.jpg

attach182454.jpg

attach182455.jpg

attach182456.jpg

attach182457.jpg

attach182458.jpg

attach182459.jpg

Saw this on some form of social media, really excited to see it come together.

That does NOT look like an Atlas Tcase to me. ;)

It's really weird spelling all those words with "@" and "#". Makes it hard to read smoothly. (yes, I know why you did it...I just don't usually go those places)

Watching for updates, I'm sure it's gonna be great.

(Untitled)

Thank you!
There will be support issues addressed. Namely a hanging mount that captures the front and rear of t case on a single bushiing pivot. I quit breaking th350 housings after i deleted rear output support rings. Im a believer in the 3 point drivetrain mount, no more no less.

And some other fail safe insurance, ATI Super case...

http://www.atiracing.com/products/trans/pg/supercase.htm

Fuck yeah!

That's a great looking chassis. I was hoping you had made your way over here.

Still got the Manche? :flipoff2:

Opportunity missed.

Really looking forward to what you build. Very pleased you migrated over here.

Yes, it's a shame that it came to disassembly. It was a well working package that did everything above average. Took it to Minnesota in June with the Corona Breakout event hosted by Twin Stick and Videographied by Busted Knuckle. Wheeled 7 days straight with doing zero mechanical work, only fluid checks. If you get a chance check out some of the videos. Matt Myrick gave me a great compliment during the event, saying it was the "goingest full body rig he has seen." Very humbling. Discouraging that no one wanted to pay more than the sum of the parts... but I realize it was not for everyone.

Onto the next unit...

Oh there were people who'd have gladly paid what you asked, we just don't have money. If all my cash wasn't tied up in other projects, that thing would've been mine. But, it is what it is.

Can always have you build another one... If I ever get money of course :flipoff2:

Is this a one off or production. Ready to weld kit?

Following :smokin:

What is that jig that it's on ... I feel like I've seen something that in a few shops now

Following :smokin:

What is that jig that it's on ... I feel like I've seen something that in a few shops now

as slow poke said. It's a Certiflat fixture block. weldtables.com

I also designed and had a fixure system to fit the chassis that indexes on the table. Supporting all cross tubes and roof, to allow ease of assembly in house. With a clear table and a box of freshly cut/bent tubing, I can have a tacked chassis in 1 day, welded chassis in less than 3 workdays. I don't have a pic of the entire assembly still mounted, but I'll get one with the next unit.

121140554_4819513004733114_3155267554660017161_n.jpg

120896868_4819513258066422_3296700885684485684_n.jpg

Top Back Refresh