• me - no : lady - yes

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • me - no : lady - no

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • bacon

Votes: 21 14.7%

• Total voters
lol.

in the northeast sure. You're getting a ticket in ohio.
5 mph over is a safe speed.
8-10 mph is the danger zone. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but they're probably going to.
anything over 11 is guaranteed.
My last was 91. That was probably a gift, because I'm pretty sure I was into the triple digits like 5 seconds prior.

edit:
and from a fucking airplane. Was cheating.
Seriously? I always thought the signs warning of tickets from airplanes were empty threats :laughing:

If I ever hit the lottery I’m going to have it added to my 04 gmc poverty addition
It’s the one option I regret not getting.

yeah.
4 cruisers a mile up the road on the on ramp just pulling people over that were tagged from a damned cessna. On a overcast day with low ceilings.
1g3wxi07rkh91.jpg

Always heard that supposedly the cop that witnessed the crime was the one that was supposed to be writing the ticket. Have not had a chance to have that argument yet..

Other than a trip into town, everything else is a minimum 50 miles away so yeah the cruise control gets used keeps me from getting those 30 over tickets

Always heard that supposedly the cop that witnessed the crime was the one that was supposed to be writing the ticket. Have not had a chance to have that argument yet..
they give you a little brochure that outlines why you're not going to win that argument in court when they give you an airplane ticket.

I just got home from a 4500 mile road trip. Cruise control worked ok on the eastern plains of Colorado , Kansas, east MO, FL, LA, and east TX. Anywhere there was the slightest hill, the car wanted to shift into 2nd at 85mph and hold 5K RPM and never upshift. It was easier on the car and the fuel bill for me to foot feed it.

Well they wouldnt lie to you, would they?
Kinda like the traffic photo tickets....
I assure you that you're not winning in court. They've been giving out tickets from airplanes since the 60's here. It's all been sanctioned by the courts and the legislature.
The aircraft guides the cruiser to your car, they keep records of the communications to stop people claiming that they pulled over the wrong car. It's all filmed form the air.
You think the state would go to all the trouble if they thought they'd lose in court?

Rarely, mostly it bugs me.

Easier to just stay reasonable for traffic behind somebody, ideally bigger than me. That way I don't have to pay attention to anything. Match their speed, follow them around debris and curves, spend more time looking out the window at the scenery

I use it as much as humanly possible. It is engaged my entire 30 mi commute to/from work.

I have to remind my GF to use it if she's driving on longer trips. Her car has adaptive cruise which is pretty awesome

i get about 1 mpg better not using the cruise when I'm loaded heavy. i speed up down the hills and ease up them. but if I'm running light i use it. my wife uses it all the fawkin time. the new truck has adaptive cruise, i had it set on 80 or so in the slow lane and got passes then i passed this one ass hole about three times. well next time he come by he cut me close and my truck goes into lock down mode. i was pissed to say the least.

Depends on the vehicle. The escape I’m currently driving for work needs the pedal smashed to keep up with traffic so no need for cruise. I use it in my suburban when on long stretches of road.

lol.

in the northeast sure. You're getting a ticket in ohio.
5 mph over is a safe speed.
8-10 mph is the danger zone. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but they're probably going to.
anything over 11 is guaranteed.
My last was 91. That was probably a gift, because I'm pretty sure I was into the triple digits like 5 seconds prior.

edit:
and from a fucking airplane. Was cheating.

A former deputy told me that no self respecting deparment would pull you over for less than 15 over. I have tested this extensively and I find it to be accurate.

Adaptive cruise is my primary want in a new(er) car.

I use it when I can, usually 1 or 2 mph under the limit. That's the sweet spot for low stress on Connecticut highways

Yes. Radar cruise with auto braking. Life changing.
War department and I both use cruise, but we live in long flat straight roadville.

New Kia telluride auto drive is freaking really good. Better than any gm has. Smooth quick easy corrections. We're>< this close to self driving cars.

I use it when I can but I'm rarely driving something that is equipped with it, the system is in working condition and in a situation where it's not more trouble than it's worth. IDK what the GF does. I always drive.

yeah.
4 cruisers a mile up the road on the on ramp just pulling people over that were tagged from a damned cessna. On a overcast day with low ceilings.
1g3wxi07rkh91.jpg

I always make a point of doing something that costs the relevant jurisdiction more than my ticket is worth when I get one.

as much as possible. as soon as i'm up to speed on the interstate i set it and leave it

I always make a point of doing something that costs the relevant jurisdiction more than my ticket is worth when I get one.
i'd love to hear more about this but won't ask you to self-incriminate

as much as possible. as soon as i'm up to speed on the interstate i set it and leave it

i'd love to hear more about this but won't ask you to self-incriminate
It shouldn't take much imagination to think up stuff you can do that the town/county/state will have to clean up and will spend a few hundo in the course of doing so.

If I ever hit the lottery I’m going to have it added to my 04 gmc poverty addition
It’s the one option I regret not getting.
What kind of poverty edition GMC? I assume some sort of GMT800?
I have the poverty edition 03 Silverado 2500. Vinyl floors, manual locks and windows, its the WT package. Drive by wire is the key. All I had to do to add cruise to my truck was buy the turn signal stalk with cruise on it, and voila, it plugged and played. If I recall correctly, its a purple wire you're looking for. Not sure if it'll work on a 1500 or drive by cable, but if you're drive by wire, it cannot be easier.

Top Back Refresh