• me - no : lady - no

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • bacon

Votes: 21 14.7%

• Total voters
Member Number
Loc
socal
conversation from dinner with friends over the weekend. the ladies in the group refuse to use cruise, hell my wife didnt even know if her car had it when we started dating.

I use it as often as I can, GF never uses it and sees no need for it. It's especially frustrating on road trips when she spells me off for a while so I can nap. I can't sleep due to the speed up slow down motion of her not using cruise.

We both use it but my new ride has adaptive cruise and I it's awesome...the wife is now bummed she doesn't have it

Yes. Radar cruise with auto braking. Life changing.

Adaptive cruise for the win, use it all the time.

Absolutely sucks on anything but rural 2 lane highways. Anything with more lanes it slows you down before you can get around someone or people constantly cut you off. On our Lexus it will let you switch modes between radar and regular cruise thankfully, but the Porsche if you opt for radar cruise - that's all you get, so I didn't check that box and have regular cruise. I will use regular cruise often enough but really depends on the situation.

Only time I ever do is on multi day cross country trips. Sometimes I'll even use my left foot if my right foot gets tired.

I use it on longer trips in decent weather. No slick roads.

Wife never uses it, and she constantly pulses the throttle. :barf:

I don’t use it much only because Toyota’s cruise programming is kinda dumb and I don’t like it shooting up to 4K just to go up a slight hill. It’s annoying as fuck.

I can maintain a steady speed with the foot, so I don’t bother with the cruise often.

If I am cruising yes I use it, most of the time I am playing beat the gps, so no I am not using it. Let us drivers drive. Don't think the woman does either, but we drive alike.

at 9-11mph over the speed limit, you know the 'cruise' speed...
lol.

in the northeast sure. You're getting a ticket in ohio.
5 mph over is a safe speed.
8-10 mph is the danger zone. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but they're probably going to.
anything over 11 is guaranteed.
My last was 91. That was probably a gift, because I'm pretty sure I was into the triple digits like 5 seconds prior.

edit:
and from a fucking airplane. Was cheating.

lol.

in the northeast sure. You're getting a ticket in ohio.
5 mph over is a safe speed.
8-10 mph is the danger zone. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but they're probably going to.
anything over 11 is guaranteed.
My last was 91. That was probably a gift, because I'm pretty sure I was into the triple digits like 5 seconds prior.

edit:
and from a fucking airplane. Was cheating.
You got pulled over by an airplane? :lmao:

:flipoff2:

Ohio is a docile bunch, 5 over and you're in the fast lane passing everyone like you're breaking the law for real. Just drove thru the state tonight, I don't get it.

I didn't use cruise at all for a long time, now I'm a full-timer.

You got pulled over by an airplane? :lmao:

:flipoff2:
yeah.
4 cruisers a mile up the road on the on ramp just pulling people over that were tagged from a damned cessna. On a overcast day with low ceilings.
1g3wxi07rkh91.jpg

Ohio is a docile bunch, 5 over and you're in the fast lane passing everyone like you're breaking the law for real. Just drove thru the state tonight, I don't get it.

I didn't use cruise at all for a long time, now I'm a full-timer.
cause we got fucking airplanes that will give you tickets bro.

I know the rest of the country hates us for driving slow, but it's not our fault, we're scared.

that said, I got no problem setting the cruise at 80 in other states, but you're playing with fire at 10 over in ohio.

Top Back Refresh