What's new

Console Safe... 1/2 console

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
Trying to find a console safe like this one from RedRock for the 21 F350. I talked to American Trucks (at link below) and this does not fit the Super Duty versions...

Anyone come across something like this?

1692290584013.png

Trying to find a console safe like this one from RedRock for the 21 F350. I talked to American Trucks (at link below) and this does not fit the Super Duty versions...

Anyone come across something like this?

1692290584013.png
I can't really tell why that wouldn't fit in a super duty?
If they had a decent return policy I think I would test that and see what needs to be modified to make it fit.

Try it. If it doesn't fit, I have the truck it fits and if returns are a pain, I'll buy it from you if you'd ship it.

ETA my truck is an 18.

If they had a decent return policy I think I would test that and see what needs to be modified to make it fit.
This guy seems to say it doesn't fit his '22 but after a little work it does, the sliding tray doesn't though...

I called them and the tech was adamite it would not work in the super duty... but to your point, may be worth the order/return...

I bought a handful of 4 button fingertip code pistol safes and cut them up as needed and bolted them into the consoles of the trucks

Install was not at all enjoyable. Tight fit. Reviews suggest replacing the lock, but this seems sturdy, so I’ll wait and see on that. Only thing I don’t like is that the internal console power outlet isn’t really accessible with the factory organizer in place. Very minor complaint, though.

Install was not at all enjoyable. Tight fit. Reviews suggest replacing the lock, but this seems sturdy, so I’ll wait and see on that. Only thing I don’t like is that the internal console power outlet isn’t really accessible with the factory organizer in place. Very minor complaint, though.
So f-1 shitty console fits in super duty?

One of the things I absolutely despise about this truck is the cup holders. The 2016 console has 4, rubbery inserts for cup holders. The sliding thing in the 21 sucks for anyone who doesn’t use 64 oz Big Gulp cups.

Anyone seen an insert for these consoles - 3d printed or other - that makes these cup holders usable?

Ideally, I’d like the cubby to have a 3rd cup holder and angled phone holder…. (I also hate the location of the wireless charger)

Anyone seen anything like this?

One of the things I absolutely despise about this truck is the cup holders. The 2016 console has 4, rubbery inserts for cup holders. The sliding thing in the 21 sucks for anyone who doesn’t use 64 oz Big Gulp cups.

Anyone seen an insert for these consoles - 3d printed or other - that makes these cup holders usable?

Ideally, I’d like the cubby to have a 3rd cup holder and angled phone holder…. (I also hate the location of the wireless charger)

Anyone seen anything like this?
I like the cup holder setup but hate the wireless charger location.
a 3D printed insert would be easy I bet.
Something like this work?

I like the cup holder setup but hate the wireless charger location.
a 3D printed insert would be easy I bet.
Something like this work?
those are for the 11-16 trucks, from what I can tell. I may have to commission 92 Green YJ to design and print something... Honestly, I'd lean towards something like the Nissan Titan design (but with the two factory cupholders on teh pass side)

edit: or the RAM phone holder portion. I really like this.
1692992961418.png

1692992785709.png

3D printer make quick work of those.

Yeah. I ordered one of his wireless charger mounts. Neighbor just stopped over to take some measurements Off the f350 for his 7.3 that arrives next week… and we decided there is a better solution. Going to have to figure out how to draw them up and get ‘em printed.

This shows promise. Sliding tray still fits but blocks rapid access to the keypad.
I am tempted to wire the actuator to a hidden button somewhere and use the truck to pop the latch instead of the keypad.
This was bought with won gift cards so not really out any money.

1000006732.jpg

1000006734.jpg

1000006736.jpg

Looks like a good option.

I’m fairly content with the one I bought. Only complaint so far is the factory coin holder thingy needed a slight trim to work. Ended up drilling a hole in the console to route the usb power to the phone charger.

So far, so good.

Yeah. I ordered one of his wireless charger mounts. Neighbor just stopped over to take some measurements Off the f350 for his 7.3 that arrives next week… and we decided there is a better solution. Going to have to figure out how to draw them up and get ‘em printed.
Pix?

Looks like a good option.

I’m fairly content with the one I bought. Only complaint so far is the factory coin holder thingy needed a slight trim to work. Ended up drilling a hole in the console to route the usb power to the phone charger.

So far, so good.
Yeah I bought this to either fit in the console or in my RV.

2 of the 3 last out of state trips I have ended up forgetting my strap....:homer:

It’s a huge PITA to install. Huge. But overall, it is a great compromise. Still allows the organizer and 1/2 the console to be used.

Attachments

• IMG_4199.jpeg
    IMG_4199.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4194.jpeg
    IMG_4194.jpeg
Pic of the year home charged/cup holder.

I have an idea on how to improve on this… just need to figure out to creat a 3d printer model.

Attachments

• IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
Pic of the year home charged/cup holder.

I have an idea on how to improve on this… just need to figure out to creat a 3d printer model.
You apple or droid?
That magnetic ring deal apple has is pretty fucking awesome.

What about the charger?

Edit: too soon

The cup holder fits a 20oz soda bottle. The combo fits very well and is night quality. Drilled a hole from the cup holder area to the center console and ran the charging cable to the infra-console charger… so no cables.

Sounds like I should go fire up the 3d scanner and go to work scanning my 450.

Top Back Refresh