What's new

Christopher Columbus: good or bad?

We should demand Reparations from Spain and Italy! Especially Spain since they plundered the New Lands for 100's of years for the gold. I want mine back.

Spain gave you Puerto Rico as reparations. You are welcome.

If everyone is equal, why didnt africans, muslims, or asians discover america first? Or hispanics/native american people discover europe first?

:flipoff2:

Which race put a man on the moon again? Climbed the tallest mountains and went to the deepest depths of the ocean?

IWhich race put a man on the moon again? Climbed the tallest mountains and went to the deepest depths of the ocean?

aBW8QAP_700b.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	aBW8QAP_700b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.5 KB ID:	35382

If everyone is equal, why didnt africans, muslims, or asians discover america first? Or hispanics/native american people discover europe first?

Which race put a man on the moon again? Climbed the tallest mountains and went to the deepest depths of the ocean?

...you know there's more than just white people in the United States right? Or that Muslims are not a race?

You are doing the same thing as the revisionists. You have assumed a specific definition for a word (discounting other uses) and happy to tell everyone else they are wrong. However, per the definition of the word, I used it correctly in my bolt bucket example. In fact, Columbus did indeed discover America (well the Caribbean islands anyway) because the he was unaware of its existence.

Sure, there was natives there already, but the population from which Columbus came from in Europe had no knowledge of the existence, he stumbled upon it and therefore he discovered it. Dictionary.com gives the example of word use: "firemen discovered a body in the debris" Per your definition, this would be incorrect because the crispy person was aware they were in the things that would be debris at the time they expired, so the firemen didn't discover anything.

Actually, I'm doing the opposite of the revisionists. I take the 1972 definition of 'discovered' and refuse to acknowledge the other seventeen made up definitions that people muddled up because they're too lazy to use the correct words. I do not support a policy of revision or modification. I reject change.

hehe. I mean he really has a point guys.

Ok.. looking back in history, a couple of "races" did, invented, built, thought of and discovered shit leading up the the sudden rise of the "white" west.
It's a train of thought though, a way of thinking. Being white is only a geographical origin.

The people from the warm equatorial areas never had to prep for winter, they simply strolled along fucking females and eating fruits from trees.
Zero need for any complex like teams or training.

​​​​​​

...you know there's more than just white people in the United States right? Or that Muslims are not a race?

Yeah. And?

Can you name a non-white majority country that's not a shithole? Asians are the only race even trying to keep up. The best of the bunch, South Korea and Japan, were occupied and heavily influenced by the US. They almost shouldn't count. :stirthepot:

well the oldest settlement in the USA, from non-natives, is St Augustine, Florida.. which is where the oldest fort is too.. lovely city, I have spent some time there.. they were there before Columbus landed on Plymouth Rock..

I have mixed feelings about "discovering" something,.. do I find someone who is living in a nice house, and discover their property and claim in my own? maybe take that person's hot wife and have my way.. and then just take all their valuables and come back home..

Top Back Refresh