Cholula vs Valentina aka the hot sauce thread

• Cholula

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Valentina

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Bacon

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
Valentina tastes like A1 and is okay on omelettes. Cholula is good on most stuff. I could take or leave either one.

Being from New England where ketchup is considered a hot sauce. The three I keep around are Cholula, Sriracha and I actually like the green jalapeno Tabasco on eggs. I like Tapatio but it's not stocked in the stores I usually shop. I also keep a chili garlic sauce that is made by the same company as Sriracha.

Almost everything I eat is hot. I keep a wide variety of spicer uppers if something falls short. Heat can mask boring pretty good. I go in and out of wether or not I like the vinegar as if it’s a phase. I’ve got ghost pepper salt that will flavor just about anything. My go to these days is Ms. Renfroe’s ghost pepper salsa. My kiddo pretty much drinks tobasco, Taco Bell Diablo sauce and the Renfroes Ghost pepper or Habanero salsa. Can’t go wrong with Franks Red Hot on chicken or green Chile on everything

Heh, I stop at banana peppers. :homer:

I honestly don't know how some of yeas can eat that stuff. :eek:

El Yucateco and Marie Sharp’s are my favorites. I’m also a huge fan of hot seasoning salt. Jess Hall’s Serendipity in Hot—amazing.

... is better than Valentina, but they're both kinda meh. It's been a long time since we've had any Cholula in the house. I don't remember what it was good on.

That's the thing, hot sauces (if they're of an acceptable quality) should be paired to the chow at hand. Sirabachi sauce can go on all things asian. Tabasco (and especailly the chipotle stuff) goes really well on some runny egg yolk or all over your gravy on some biscuits. Tapatio does shit to CupNoodles that Valentina can only dream about. There's a time and place for shit and choosing your sauce is important.

I love hot peppers/sauces. For flavor, I use Salsa Huichol or Poblano. Castillo green is awesome as well. I make my own for most everything else. Reaper/Scorp/Ghost/Habs all the way down to chile tepin. If anyone wants to have a (pepper) seed exchange, let me know.

The off menu sauce at my local Mexican restaurant is the best hot sauce. But since I can't take a bottle home runner up goes to El Yucateco black label.

An article was published recently that spicy foods causes cognitive decline as one gets older. Might wanna hold back on the hot sauce-

​​​​​

Whoa, what? My tastes for hot have progressed the older I get. The level of heat I enjoy is above most people’s threshold for pain. Am I dumb because I eat hot peppers? Or do I eat hot peppers because I was already dumb?

I usually go between Cholula or Frank's red hot depending on my mood, but I'm always looking for new hot sauces to try.

Last Christmas I got my kid a hot sauce of the month club subscription, ( flaming Licks)
so right now the table is covered in bottles. some are better than others. but its cool to get a box every month.

My go to is still Tapatio .

This is one of my recent discoveries. Says ghost pepper but don't be scared. More like a habanero sauce with great flavors. Probably a 5 out of 10 on heat scale if u compare it to Blairs ultra death sauce, or devils blood

15920661436938162036965054387889.jpg

BA16C99D-920E-4348-A042-AACD15289D37.jpeg
Team at work is ready to back in the office so we can rebuild the supply in the mini-fridge.

0327F39A-C80A-4A32-832E-50731696A395.png

The off menu sauce at my local Mexican restaurant is the best hot sauce. But since I can't take a bottle home runner up goes to El Yucateco black label.

you should ask if they will sell you a container, local mex spot has really good in house made salsa and they will sell you a small container full if you ask them

To me HOT hot sauce is meant to cover up really meh tasting food, since my GF doesn't cook meh it's Cholula green and red in this house. I find it to have way more flavor than heat.

I suppose none of you wheeler monkeys like or have never heard of my favorite sause, Pico Pica.

Tapatio and the black El Yucatán for Mexican.
Larry’s got pussy juice is a good all around, Smokey chipotle flavor with a tamed down heat.

I suppose none of you wheeler monkeys like or have never heard of my favorite sause, Pico Pica.
had it,
not bad, probably have a bottle somewhere in the house

Tapitio is my go to.

Green Cholula if I run out of the local Habanero Vidalia Onion green sauce. Just bought my first bottle of Valentinas. It’s just ok. Pico Pico seems just hot, not a lot of flavor. Can’t stand Frank’s now. I need a new flavor.

Green Cholula if I run out of the local Habanero Vidalia Onion green sauce. Just bought my first bottle of Valentinas. It’s just ok. Pico Pico seems just hot, not a lot of flavor. Can’t stand Frank’s now. I need a new flavor.
My buddy taught me his trick with Texas Pete. Once the bottle is used down to the top of the label, add about 1/2 Tbsp of fresh coarse ground black pepper and about 2 tsp of salt.

It really makes it good if you like pepper.

Top Back Refresh