What's new

Cellular trail cameras

I hope they don't suck too bad. I compared and read reviews until I was sick of it. Spypoint seems to be the simplest option, for our needs. There are better cameras that take better pictures and/or video, but I think I like most of Spypoint's other features, price point, and options better than the competition.

Amazon has 2 packs on sale for $180, so that's what he's getting. Ordered the 2 pack of the Verizon model, a 5 pack of SD cards, 32 Amazon Basics High Capacity Ni-MH AA batteries, and 2 of their 4x AA/AAA battery chargers. Merry Christmas!
You might find yourself getting tired of swapping out batteries. I seem to get about a month out of any camera in an active area sending back multiple pictures each day, whereas with my old standard trail cams, I'd get a year+ out of a set of batteries.

Get ones with solar chargers, or buy the additional solar charging kit.

Reactions: Lee
Lots of good info everyone -- thanks. So a 2-5 minute delay is typical for most cameras?

Unfortunately this depends...

We started with Spartan Cameras (QTY 2) to try and combat sporadic hog problem. They were ~10 min delay. Then one of them got flooded...overall good not great.

We then switched to the Cuddylink cameras (QTY ~8). Unfortunately they're pushing ~30min delays...its really bad when we get hogs hanging around for hours...we'll have pictures coming in batched every 30 mins bogging the uploads of the most recent pics taken...so overall good not great. We still currently use them for deer areas

For dedicated hog bait/traps we've switched to "Hogeye" camera. It's $$$$ and uses a marine battery....but it does exactly what we need it to and works awesome.

As stated earlier definitely get solar/battery backup otherwise you will buy a costco membership for batteries alone.

Father-in-law wants remote access to his game cameras at his lease. He gets frustrated with technology real quick and I'm his default tech support. He (we) need something simple. He can rebuild a quadrajet without a reference, but don't ask him to install a computer program or scan a document.

Spypoint doesn't make it clear on their website. They offer 100 photos/month for free, is that per camera or per account? I assume there's no limit to the number of cameras you have on an account? If I bump up to one of the higher photo quantity paid plans, again is that per camera or account? Am I paying $4/month per plan for 250 photos or $4/camera/month for 250 photos from each camera?
Its per camera

Top Back Refresh