What's new

carbon shocks

I checked out their site and FB page. Looks like those guys have their shit together and build some high quality stuff. Id give them a shot if I were in need of new shocks.

:smokin:

Not a lot of info/specs on their product line. Their prices are lining up with fox price point. Not saving much

Way to be vague. Why don't you let us in on the secret.

piston seal design, lack of backer O-ring, O-ring locations on the seal head, threads, extra tall top cap, small diameter resi hose, poor port design on the piston. Need to know what the shaft material is.

Carbon Shock are primarily made in The United States of America. While some parts are made overseas the bulk majority (90%) are manufactured in America and Hand assembled in Colorado.

this is kind of an interesting statement. Yes, 90% well exceeds the "made in america" standard, but it would be nice if they would specify. "the bolts and gaskets are unkown source" or some other shit. "metal for the body/shaft is not domestic source" or whatever. or just be like king/fox and everybody else and not mention the percent :laughing:

price looks to be pretty standard for stuff. I'd certainly buy them if i were in CO

piston seal design, lack of backer O-ring, O-ring locations on the seal head, threads, extra tall top cap, small diameter resi hose, poor port design on the piston. Need to know what the shaft material is.

Shock Material Breakdown | Carbonshocks

Shock Shafts

Carbon Shock Technologies Shafts are Designed and Manufactured in America. Shafts are made from a Cold Drawn, Stress Relieved 1050 Induction Chromed Rod. The specific grade used has a min Yield PSI of 100,000 and hardness of 68/70 Rockwell C.
https://www.carbonshocks.com/shock-material-breakdown
https://www.carbonshocks.com/shock-material-breakdown

shaft material is 1050.

i couldn't find anything easily on what the piston and o rings look like

Shock Material Breakdown | Carbonshocks

shaft material is 1050.

i couldn't find anything easily on what the piston and o rings look like

Screenshot_20210124-122334_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't need coilovers but I'm interested in checking out their bumps. The threaded design is interesting but looks like a problem waiting to happen IMO, but what do I know? Maybe with a ton of anti seize it won't be an issue? Either way the price point is pretty good.

#1 "Featured Dealer" Olympus Offroad

Is D-Sach behind this?

I don't need coilovers but I'm interested in checking out their bumps. The threaded design is interesting but looks like a problem waiting to happen IMO, but what do I know? Maybe with a ton of anti seize it won't be an issue? Either way the price point is pretty good.

The black and gold Fox pro series bumps are threaded body and I think King makes threaded body bumps as well. I don't really see any issue unless they are not tightened properly.

The black and gold Fox pro series bumps are threaded body and I think King makes threaded body bumps as well.

Good call. Like I said, what do I know lol? I just looked them up and they are way out of my bump budget, no wonder I was clueless to them. :homer:

I thought these popped up on the old site awhile ago with the same consensus? Not that migrating tech over is a bad thing. We were just discussing the smallish number of shock companies in this area last night.

Is he a knowledgeable, good guy?

I thought these popped up on the old site awhile ago with the same consensus? Not that migrating tech over is a bad thing. We were just discussing the smallish number of shock companies in this area last night.

Yeah I'm not sold on them. For the cost savings, having accutune do my baseline valving then working from there will be easier, plus knowing fox quality is going to give me piece of mind spending that kind of coin.

Is he a knowledgeable, good guy?

based on my observations of this his stuff on facespace, it would appear he is a tool and has no issue poaching ideas. his adjuster looks just like a DSC. prove to me you can make other peoples shocks work really well and i will consider your product. seems like another foa/locked shocks. build to a price point and quality will suffer, you need to bring a unique feature to the table.

based on my observations of this his stuff on facespace, it would appear he is a tool and has no issue poaching ideas. his adjuster looks just like a DSC. prove to me you can make other peoples shocks work really well and i will consider your product. seems like another foa/locked shocks. build to a price point and quality will suffer, you need to bring a unique feature to the table.

Well, as i stated earlier, i think this thread answered some of my questions. Thanks for that. They are not a consideration any more, not that they really were. Was just curious about them. I missed the thread on the other site, and really haven't gone back since i started my scrip here.

Frank was grilling him pretty good on IG about his choice in anodizing. :laughing:

As stated above the guy gives off the impression of being a tool.

When this is a picture they post on Instagram of a trussed Dana 35 and the shocks almost on the diff cover I’ll pass.

I was under the impression that was a customers rig they posted up.

I haven't really gotten much of a "tool" vibe from him on IG. He might be, I don't know, but his posts on IG he seems more than willing to explain and share their approach and also seems to take criticism well. Having said that, I'd be mostly concerned about buying shocks from a new company that might not be around in 10yrs.

Probably the usual niche of they're a different color and "More made in USA than everyone else!"... Looking at their stuff its pretty meh.. Probably better than FOA but better off sticking to known good companies. Accutune alone makes buying Fox/King the answer for most applications.

Trussed D35 "Cool" install picture is interesting. :laughing:

I wonder if Beat95yj knows anything about them?

Only what I have seen on IG. A friend of mine ordered a set. I’ll be watching closely.

I was talking to them on IG. If I had more followers I think they would send me one to review. Whatever, I have about three or four more shocks to look at. Waiting for warm weather. Dozer does not like a cold garage.

Top Back Refresh