What's new

Canadian Ice Shack Build

900 4 stroke skandic with 20 inch track pulling 5000 lbs ice shack on 24 inch runners in excellent conditions.

Edit: I'm still figuring out how to not lose the first 12 seconds of video when converting with VLC player. Any suggestions are welcome!

It's an issue with keyframe timing. FFMPEG has some shit where it doesn't recompute the full frame every frame. It computes the full frame every so often and then computes the difference from there. Losing the first few seconds has something to do with where that last fully computed frame was. I spent about 5min looking into this about a year ago and that was about where I decided I didn't give a shit. There's probably some flag you can pass it in command line to get it to recompute keyframes at fraction of a second intervals so that you only lose up to that interval when slicing and dicing and changing formats.

The old shack jack has seen better days.

The foot is needed to keep jack from tilting and the top of the bar digging into the side of the ice shack. Unlike a stuck truck, the jack moves very easily, allowing the jack to tilt.

P3053616.JPG
P3053617.JPG

The reinforcements prevented getting at the welds easily, so I grinded/drilled what I could and drove some wedges in to separate.

P3053619.JPG
P3053621.JPG
P3053622.JPG

Getting out the twist with bessey clamps. Then through welded the beam to the base, added a second layer of 1/4 inch plate, then added some cross bracing and painted up with super thick tremclad.

Won't be reinstalling the 3/4 inch plywood as often the jack wouldn't go low enough to get under a shack.

P3053632.JPG
P3053633.JPG
P3063636.JPG

P3063637.JPG

P3063639.JPG

It's an issue with keyframe timing. FFMPEG has some shit where it doesn't recompute the full frame every frame. It computes the full frame every so often and then computes the difference from there. Losing the first few seconds has something to do with where that last fully computed frame was. I spent about 5min looking into this about a year ago and that was about where I decided I didn't give a shit. There's probably some flag you can pass it in command line to get it to recompute keyframes at fraction of a second intervals so that you only lose up to that interval when slicing and dicing and changing formats.
So, when I watch this video file on my home computer (the file that I used to make my post) I miss out on the first 10 seconds or so. Same when I watch on irate.

Now I'm at work, and I watch on irate, and same thing missing first 10 seconds.

Strange thing---I downloaded it onto my work computer and when I watch from there I get all the video, right from the start...

Explain that!

This setup is interesting. Toe jack from drop leg jack, with a big chunk of plywood to bump on the shack. No rubbing like a hi-lift.

Also, there's some dumb later on with trucks yanking on frozen shacks and breaking hitches.

Top Back Refresh