What's new

Built a dumb KJ for my woman

Anyway, going to watch this thread. Waiting for the engine swap :stirthepot:

Since I last updated this my 9y/o daughter came out to the shop and helped me build some half doors. Among other things She actually came up with the idea to use recessed bottle caps as a push down door opener and they work out great. We also just got back from the Rubicon and my wife got a lot more time behind the wheel. She drove it through soup bowl and is loving it!
IMG_8956.jpeg
IMG_8899.jpeg
IMG_9871.jpeg
IMG_9862.jpeg
IMG_9741.jpeg
IMG_9790.jpeg

this build inspired some of what I did on mine. Seeing as I have to replace the pwr steering pump, I was wanting to know more info on the WJ power steering pump with the hydro fan. I think Id like to go that route as well.

Here is a pic of mine. Hoping one day we can get the two together for some wheeling. mine is still a stock C8.25 in the rear with a locker, and a WJ D30 up front and both re geared to 4.88s, 35" tires, sitting at 108.5" WB, but hoping to swap in a set of half ton older ford axles. but so far its done great and a super fun platform.
PXL_20230903_171854826.jpg
PXL_20220927_000853937.jpg

this build inspired some of what I did on mine. Seeing as I have to replace the pwr steering pump, I was wanting to know more info on the WJ power steering pump with the hydro fan. I think Id like to go that route as well.

Here is a pic of mine. Hoping one day we can get the two together for some wheeling. mine is still a stock C8.25 in the rear with a locker, and a WJ D30 up front and both re geared to 4.88s, 35" tires, sitting at 108.5" WB, but hoping to swap in a set of half ton older ford axles. but so far its done great and a super fun platform.
PXL_20230903_171854826.jpg
we need more details! Build thread?

I've never done a build thread ( I just posted on my IG as I built it) but I suppose I can put one together on here. Its really nothing too special, but it seems to work. LOL

But I'm not wanting to hijack this build thread. I just wanted to show that I referred to this build thread a few times as I was building mine. Home_brewd KJ build is super rad and credit is due. I love the build of his KJ as I pulled some inspiration from it. I'll put together a build thread in the next few days and get one posted up. The KJ is a very capable platform IMO. I live in Grand Junction, CO and its been thru Billing Canyon 3 times this summer with which I'm honestly proud that its done it that many times and only broke a rear axle shaft once.

I've never done a build thread ( I just posted on my IG as I built it) but I suppose I can put one together on here. Its really nothing too special, but it seems to work. LOL

But I'm not wanting to hijack this build thread. I just wanted to show that I referred to this build thread a few times as I was building mine. Home_brewd KJ build is super rad and credit is due. I love the build of his KJ as I pulled some inspiration from it. I'll put together a build thread in the next few days and get one posted up. The KJ is a very capable platform IMO. I live in Grand Junction, CO and its been thru Billing Canyon 3 times this summer with which I'm honestly proud that its done it that many times and only broke a rear axle shaft once.
Thats awesome man, I’m happy to hear that any of my work could inspire someone else.
I have seen your KJ somewhere else, maybe Facebook, it is one of the cleaner looking builds I’ve seen. I would love to see a build thread on it also.
As for the WJ box, it is a fairly simple swap, it just needs to be an 01-04 V8 with the hydraulic fan . Swap out the high pressure fitting on the WJ pump with the one off the KJ pump so the high pressure hose from the KJ will thread into the WJ pump. And cap off the return line in the back of the pump. I used the factory pulley. Here are some pictures.
IMG_8780.jpeg
IMG_9379.jpeg

Cap off the X , use the circled one for your return line.

Top Back Refresh