What's new

Buggy picture thread?

Eh, maybe. Social media killed the forum build thread star. I loved doing that build thread, however.

I still go to Pirate just to look at that thread from time to time!! Theres no tech on social media like there is in a build thread.

I still go to Pirate just to look at that thread from time to time!! Theres no tech on social media like there is in a build thread.

I agree, 100%. I may do a build thread... there was a little bit of magic involved in getting it as low as I did.

For reference, my girlfriend is only 5’1. It’s a low riding buggy fa sho.
AB29F4C6-B7A5-4C4F-BBB8-BA8EDF0ED3F5.jpeg

Yeah. Completely new chassis, but used all the same parts. So 1.6 zuk, Gotpropane turbo, steering 9s. All budget shit. 🤘

Y’all mothafuggas are gonna make me put up a build thread, ain’t cha?? Lol

Absolutely ! I loved the old one at the PBB and would enjoy reading about this new buggy here.

I agree on more buggy build threads. Especially home design/built chassis. The more I build my rig from a stock frame and body, the more I am wanting to throw away the frame and design my own

Nobody mentioned moar pics of GF yet?!

The chassis (buggy) looks really good, fyi.

I agree on more buggy build threads. Especially home design/built chassis. The more I build my rig from a stock frame and body, the more I am wanting to throw away the frame and design my own

Initially I told him that saving 2ft of square zuk frame was stupid and that he should just tube the whole thing.
now years later I'm bartering for his old and well ravaged chassis to save me time. I want to build one and his wont be optimal for my setup, but the fact that the drivetrain will bolt in and then I'm just left fitting axles is appealing.

I dig his new buggy and will eventually build one up from scratch.

Initially I told him that saving 2ft of square zuk frame was stupid and that he should just tube the whole thing.
now years later I'm bartering for his old and well ravaged chassis to save me time. I want to build one and his wont be optimal for my setup, but the fact that the drivetrain will bolt in and then I'm just left fitting axles is appealing.

I dig his new buggy and will eventually build one up from scratch.

Says the guy that’s never finished a project in his life! My old chassis will go to your graveyard of dying dreams...

Yeah, yeah, but whenever someone needs their shit fixed who you calling? That dude that's not finishing shit, except everyone else's junk...

Ain’t that the troooofffff! Head gaskets for junk trucks, gear setups for junk buggies... you need a raise

Can i join the cool kid club? :flipoff2: Bought from a member on the other place, said it was xrra in colorado 04/05. I wheeled all summer with 15 year old iroks, just spooned on some prox tires. what a difference. its in pieces at the moment, t-case wasnt supported and it pulled the bolts out of the trans. :homer: 1st pic is how it showed up from cali, 2nd is wheeling it with worn out iroks and 3rd on the trailer heading to break in the new ProX tires. Got two trips to randolph on the tires and love them.

13.jpg

IMG_0436111.jpg

20201004_160642.jpg

After holding on to it for 5 years after the initial chassis build I finally let this thing go to a friend here a few months ago. Bittersweet day, I really wanted to finish it. And I never decided on tail lights
:flipoff2:

IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4806.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

After holding on to it for 5 years after the initial chassis build I finally let this thing go to a friend here a few months ago. Bittersweet day, I really wanted to finish it. And I never decided on tail lights
:flipoff2:

:smokin:

Tell your friend to post up a build thread here when he starts working on it. I personally would love to see it finished. You had a lot of cool ideas going on with that chassis and suspension.

This buggy needs a build thread for sure!

edit: the pictures of the tjjareds buggy didn’t show up, but that’s what I was referring too. That’s a sexy ass rig.

This buggy needs a build thread for sure!

edit: the pictures of the tjjareds buggy didn’t show up, but that’s what I was referring too. That’s a sexy ass rig.

It’s my buddy’s rig we are building at my place.... it’s a Kalif Redding’s chassis with 2.3 eco boost mustang motor and portals

Top Back Refresh