What's new

Bruce Willis Retiring

I enjoyed most all of his work, thanks for the dances monkey.

I ran into him one time at The Mirage when he was married to DM. I'm pushing this giant rack of gear with all the mics and cables i'm going to need for some jackoff event in this remote meeting room, and it's right outside the entrance to The Villas where the important folks like him stay, and as I'm trying to get this wheeled 25 space rack stacked with cables, mics and whatnot, into the carpeted meeting room from the marble floor outside without dumping on it's side and he asks, "Aren't you going to open the door for me?"...fucker...so I say, "I don't have the key, you can call your butler with that phone right there", and head into my gig as he's mumbling something.

Billy Bob Thornton OTOH was cool as fuck, just wanted to talk music, even to a worker bee in blacks like me.

It's for the better..... have you seen his latest movies? That's right. You haven't. Because they suck. He usually has very little face time with short shitty lines. They use him to get views and the movies are B movies at best. I caught two of them so far.

It's for the better..... have you seen his latest movies? That's right. You haven't. Because they suck. He usually has very little face time with short shitty lines. They use him to get views and the movies are B movies at best. I caught two of them so far.
They mentioned in one article that he did a shit ton of them to build up funds knowing that he was going to have to quit soon. He was already advanced enough that he could barely remember and regurgitate lines so he just had small parts but was on the headline to draw people.

They mentioned in one article that he did a shit ton of them to build up funds knowing that he was going to have to quit soon. He was already advanced enough that he could barely remember and regurgitate lines so he just had small parts but was on the headline to draw people.
Makes perfect sense.

Build up funds?.. we'll then. WTF did he do with all his money? :confused:

I enjoyed most all of his work, thanks for the dances monkey.

I ran into him one time at The Mirage when he was married to DM. I'm pushing this giant rack of gear with all the mics and cables i'm going to need for some jackoff event in this remote meeting room, and it's right outside the entrance to The Villas where the important folks like him stay, and as I'm trying to get this wheeled 25 space rack stacked with cables, mics and whatnot, into the carpeted meeting room from the marble floor outside without dumping on it's side and he asks, "Aren't you going to open the door for me?"...fucker...so I say, "I don't have the key, you can call your butler with that phone right there", and head into my gig as he's mumbling something.

cool story bro.

I was working club security in my younger days and some dude was trying to get in the back room, Im You cant go in, while thinking this dude looks like Dave Chappe. Sure enough he replies, Im Dave Chappele (no "bitch"). Ok cool go right on in

cool story right

Provide for his loved ones and maximize his productivity while he's still able. Your jelly is clouding your hate :flipoff2:
Meh... more like his handlers are trying to milk him.

His family must be scum to let that happen. Those movies at best break even. They are so shitty I can't sit through them. Any decent family would say fuck off. We won't ruin his legacy with that shit

....or he's broke from all the hookers and blow? :laughing:

Meh... more like his handlers are trying to milk him.

His family must be scum to let that happen. Those movies at best break even. They are so shitty I can't sit through them. Any decent family would say fuck off. We won't ruin his legacy with that shit

....or he's broke from all the hookers and blow? :laughing:
Jesus, you're further up his ass with assumptions than I care to go - are you the West Coast arse_sidewards ? :laughing:

Not knowing shit about his situation (same as you), I assume that's what he wanted to do; therefore, I choose to fuck off and not judge him or his family based on ignorant assumptions.

Jesus, you're further up his ass with assumptions than I care to go - are you the West Coast arse_sidewards ? :laughing:

Not knowing shit about his situation (same as you), I assume that's what he wanted to do; therefore, I choose to fuck off and not judge him or his family based on ignorant assumptions.
Well I'm not Jesus or A.S. so....: with that out of the way :flipoff2: .....you saying the Bruce Willis we all know and love would consent to any of these shitty movies when in his right mind? :homer: or would he just leave this world with his integrity attached?

Not making any assumptions, just saying something stinks.

Well I'm not Jesus or A.S. so....: with that out of the way :flipoff2: .....you saying the Bruce Willis we all know and love would consent to any of these shitty movies when in his right mind? :homer: or would he just leave this world with his integrity attached?

Not making any assumptions, just saying something stinks.
I assume it's a last cash-in for residuals, while he's still mostly functional.

Hard to believe he needs the money, or his kids, but that's easier to believe than that he approves the artistic merit of his recent stinkers.

you saying the Bruce Willis we all know and love . . .
Umm, sounds like your knowledge of and love for him goes beyond the casual entertainer - entertainee relationship that is my reality and basic assumption of yours (apparently incorrectly). What makes your nono-place ladyparts all squishy is abso-fuckin-lutely none of my concern. If you hucked your panties onstage at a Bruno concert, I honestly don't wanna know.

would consent to any of these shitty movies when in his right mind? :homer: or just leave this world with his integrity attached?
Again, my knowledge and adoration is insufficient to make any assumptions. It's entirely possible he wanted / needed to keep acting (entertainers are often filling a self-esteem void) or wanted to maximize his productivity while he could, to provide the best possible future for his family who must care for him during his imminent demise.

If you know shit about BW that I'm missing, I'm all ears. Otherwise, you're giving ass-headwards a run for his money today :laughing:

My father died from Pick's Disease, which is one of the causes of frontotemporal degeneration. In hindsight, symptoms were present a couple years prior. It was 12 months from official diagnosis to his death. With rapid deterioration 6 months prior to his death, with his last month in a nursing home specializing in dementia care. Keeping him cared for and on the family farm with his horse for as long as we did was no small amount of work. I do not envy what his family will be going through in the coming months/years.

Top Back Refresh