Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Mountainair, NM

Bruce Willis Stepping Away From Acting Following Aphasia Diagnosis​

By Zack Sharf

Bruce-Willis.jpg

AP

Bruce Willis’ family has announced the actor is retiring from the profession after being diagnosed with aphasia, a language disorder caused by brain damage that affects a person’s ability to communicate. Willis’ family members posted a joint statement to social media announcing the actor’s retirement.
“To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities,” the statement reads. “As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him.”
“This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion and support,” the statement continues. “We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him. As Bruce always says, ‘Live it up’ and together we plan to do just that.”

Variety reached out to Bruce Willis’ representative for further comment, but his team has no additional statement to provide at this time other than his family’s words below.
Bruce Willis’ Career in Photos, From ‘Moonlighting’ to ‘Glass’
Willis’ acting career started in the early 1980s with uncredited roles in films such as Sidney Lumet’s “The Verdict.” His career exploded later that decade thanks to his starring role opposite Cybill Shepherd in the ABC series “Moonlighting ” and his performance as John McClane in the 1988 action movie “Die Hard,” which gave Willis his first major film franchise. Across his four-decade acting career, Willis’ movies have grossed over $5 billion worldwide. He’s been nominated for five Golden Globes (winning one for “Moonlighting”) and three Emmys (winning one for “Moonlighting” and another for his “Friends” guest role).

I heard about that yesterday. Thats a damn shame. From what I've read its a horrible disease as it progresses.

I think he was one of the actors that successfully bridged many different movie genres - he was great in action/drama but also great in comedies, which I feel is an indicator of a truly great actor. Sad to hear this news but time marches on for all of us...

Case report: A 52yo male developed sudden-onset reading difficulty and aphasia 7d after the second dose of an mRNA-based SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. He had a previous history of myocardial infarction, arterial hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and nephrolithiasis. Blood pressure was slightly elevated on admission. Blood tests revealed mildly elevated D-dimer, pre-diabetes and hyperuricemia. Cerebral magnetic resonance imaging revealed an intracerebral bleeding (ICB) in the left temporal lobe. Aphasia resolved almost completely within a few days. Blood pressure values were normal throughout hospitalisation. Whether there was a causal relation between the ICB and the vaccination remains speculative but cannot be definitively excluded.

Conclusions: A second dose of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccination may be followed by ICB. Though the pathophysiology of ICB remains unexplained a causal relation between ICB and the vaccination cannot be excluded. Risk factors for ICB should be carefully monitored in patients undergoing SARS-CoV-2 vaccination.

Shocked I tell ya.:shaking:

Yup. I think my point should have been that, things happen. People get sick, disease, cancer, etc. It's way to soon to say the vax caused a % increase in xxxxxx. That data will be available as time goes on. It's easy to blame any health issue on the vax now, just like when people said any symptom is covid.

For example and right in your quote "He had a previous history of myocardial infarction, arterial hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and nephrolithiasis" so in that case you can't really pinpoint the vax, that person had health issues.

For example and right in your quote ...
You realize how pointless what you're saying is, right? Especially at this point in the progression of things,

I'm just saying, when I finally got myself to stop caring about blatant misuse of statistics and information, I found I was much less irritated with people. If it's someone I like, I just tell myself they are trolling. And it's hard to tell on the internet sometimes, it could be just that, trolling. Not worth the frustration of engaging with :homer:

Yup. I think my point should have been that, things happen. People get sick, disease, cancer, etc. It's way to soon to say the vax caused a % increase in xxxxxx. That data will be available as time goes on. It's easy to blame any health issue on the vax now, just like when people said any symptom is covid.

For example and right in your quote "He had a previous history of myocardial infarction, arterial hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and nephrolithiasis" so in that case you can't really pinpoint the vax, that person had health issues.
Whats good for the goose (Chyna Flu Vax Rationalizers) is good for the gander (Chyna Flu Vaz Mistrusters).

Whether there was a causal relation between the ICB and the vaccination remains speculative but CANNOT be definitively excluded.

Cannot means cannot.:flipoff2:

I'm sorry for his diagnosis, but he should have retired 10 years ago. He's been making garbage B-grade space junk.

You realize how pointless what you're saying is, right? Especially at this point in the progression of things,

I'm just saying, when I finally got myself to stop caring about blatant misuse of statistics and information, I found I was much less irritated with people. If it's someone I like, I just tell myself they are trolling. And it's hard to tell on the internet sometimes, it could be just that, trolling. Not worth the frustration of engaging with :homer:

Never said it MUST be from the vax. Why does suggesting that possibility irritate you? Heart issues, clots, and brain bleeding ARE associated with this vaccine, rare as it may be. And if someone has existing health issues, is it not possible introducing an exogenous substance could exacerbate it?

Never said it MUST be from the vax. Why does suggesting that possibility irritate you? Heart issues, clots, and brain bleeding ARE associated with this vaccine, rare as it may be. And if someone has existing health issues, is it not possible introducing an exogenous substance could exacerbate it?

not like this "vaccine" has killed more people than all others combined... c'mon, man

I'm sorry for his diagnosis, but he should have retired 10 years ago. He's been making garbage B-grade space junk.
so he likes acting? The guy is typical Hollywood prick but lots of them have gotten to the point where they like acting enough to do whatever shows up. Jackson, Cage, and several others have been doing this.

Meh, he got paid (probably well) to do something he enjoyed. I'm assuming he was doing it for his benefit more so than ours. More power to him.

so he likes acting? The guy is typical Hollywood prick but lots of them have gotten to the point where they like acting enough to do whatever shows up. Jackson, Cage, and several others have been doing this.

I hope he was enjoying it. No one else was.

I'll remember him for Joe Hallenbeck.
1648759291187.jpeg

Acsw.gif

Agreed. As long as he had fun and got paid, it was good for him.

Do you think Fab Fours actually likes angry grumper bumpers? Suckers pay their rent :laughing:
:laughing: I'd never thought of that.

I keep meaning to 'shop one onto my 715. 🤢

Top Back Refresh