What's new

Boatguy's little Sami

Recently saw that about using a soldering iron, first time I'd heard of that. Guessing it came from those electric bolt heaters.

Cutting the exhaust of since the flange bolts are froze up, and ran into this. Seriously, WTF?

Anybody else seen this, or is this a PO special?

photo48855.jpg

Engine is out, lots of oil and gunk in the bell housing. Hoping that is from the engine and not the trans...

Tried to post a pic, but this one is somehow over the size limit where the previous ones were not?

Original down pipes were double wall. surprised it didn't rattle. The original exhaust manifolds will develop tiny cracks where the castings come together.

Didn't drive it, running on 2 cylinders and all.

Another option for phillips head screws that I have had luck with on airplanes and others where trying to avoid drilling out. A small dab of valve grinding compound in the screw head and a hand screw driver with as much pressure as you can apply and maybe a wrench on the screw driver if you can. This has saved drilling out atleast 75% of nasty bad screws for me.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the " shake & break" yet ?

This tool fits into a standard air chipper/hammer (not included - use the one you already own). The vibrations loosen painted, corroded, rusted, dirty and overly tight screws and fasteners. While you gently turn the screw using the attached handle. Because you are not forcing the screw loose, you don't damage the head. So you can re-use the fastener after you remove it. I'm tellin' ya, this sucka really works! It's fast. It's easy. And can literally save you HOURS of cursing and throwing tools across the shop...(not that I've ever done this)...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwz-NXj5ZIk

Nice. Would have saved me a lot of work. Might order one, since I've still got more to do.

Note where it says to only run 30PSI. Full pressure would probably dent the sheetmetal like the hammer impacts.

And yes, I tried the hammer impact. I now have some body work to do.......

Top Back Refresh