What's new

Bloody Mary recipe?

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
What's everyone using for Bloody Mary mix? I am a little late to the game since I am 47 and just recently discovered them had tried them 15+ years ago but wasn't a fan then. Well a buddy introduced me on a wheeling trip a few months ago. he used Zing Zang mix and claimed it was the best.. Any other brands to look for?

Here's mine. Rim the glass with some Old Bay if you like it.

• 2 ounces vodka (Absolut Pepar)
  • 4 ounces tomato juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish
  • 2 to 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 dashes of Tabasco Sauce
  • Pinch of coarse salt or sea salt
  • Pinch of freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
  • Pinch of celery salt or seeds, crushed

What's everyone using for Bloody Mary mix? I am a little late to the game since I am 47 and just recently discovered them had tried them 15+ years ago but wasn't a fan then. Well a buddy introduced me on a wheeling trip a few months ago. he used Zing Zang mix and claimed it was the best.. Any other brands to look for?
My go-to for years has been decent Vodka, Zing-Zang & Clamato. Back in our houseboating days we called for 1/3-1/3-1/3 but I've since changed it up a bit.
In a 20oz. cup full of ice, lime wedge or a squirt of lime juice, maybe a couple of garlic stuffed olives, or just some olive juice, a dash of celery salt, 8-9 count of vodka, fill to about 1 - 1-1/2" inches from the top, top off with Clamato.
"Breakfast in a Glass"

Open trash can lid, dump all that gross shit in there, close lid, grab a beer.
How about one of these?
Resized_20170513_154015.jpeg

This, fuck mixes.

Vodka
Clamato
Worcester
Your favorite hot sauce
Horse radish
Cracked black pepper
Celery salt
If it's real hot out, some lime juice (from a fucking lime not a bottle you philistine) helps thin it out a little.
Garnish with green olives and bacon.

Watching…

One of the voices in my head keeps telling me that I want a Bloody Mary. I’ve tried several over the years, mainly in restaurants and bars. I’ve tried a few experiments on my own too, I have yet to find a recipe I like 😕

This, fuck mixes.

Vodka
Clamato
Worcester
Your favorite hot sauce
Horse radish
Cracked black pepper
Celery salt
If it's real hot out, some lime juice (from a fucking lime not a bottle you philistine) helps thin it out a little.
Garnish with green olives and bacon.
That's not a Bloody Mary, that's a Caesar.

I am just gonna use some Zing Zang for the camping trip. I am a lazy fucker when it comes to vacation and stuff. lol I think some Zing Zang, Skyy, few shots of tabasco to give it a little kick and some olives on a fork to stir the whole mess. lol

If you really want to send it - infuse your own vodka with sliced bell peppers, black peppercorns, & celery (jalapeno if brave). Let that steep for a month or so.

Every one I make is adhoc but follow the general ingredients above.

Starboard Bloody Mary mix is the best I have every had but it's subjective of course. (can order online)

Toss between rimming with Old Bay or our new favorite Tajin mexican spice/salt

Garnish with olives, gerkins, shrimp, whatever you like

Must haves:
  • horseradish
  • lemon and lime juice
  • olive juice
  • salt and pepper (celery salt goes in sometimes)
  • hot sauce of your choosing
  • cayenne pepper
  • worcestershire

We use the Painted Stave "Off the Hoof" vodka ourselves also. I love scrapple so it works for me, but not everybody. Also, Old Bay has linked up with someone and is producing an Old Bay flavored vodka. It might make the rotation as I am curious; headed to the bottle shop now for margo mixings so will look for it. And, while on the subject, I think infusing our own bacon-vodka is the next Bloody Mary project.

ETA: Never had Zing-Zang (or even heard of it). Will see if I can find it local and do the Pepsi challenge with Mrs. Dwygrsshpr and see what the results are.

I'm lazy so often it's spicy hot V8, worchestershire, and vodka. Sometimes add beef broth for a bloody bull.

Demitris seasoning of choice, tomato juice, Anchorage distillery ghost pepper vodka when I can find it, hot sauce to taste.

I could definitely use a bloody this morning. Drinking till 2am and waking up at 630 don't work for me anymore :homer:

Recently tried Walter's ceasar mix. Good stuff.
When I make a breakfast smoothie, I typically go clamato, a generous amount of vodka, ground pepper, a violent splash of western shifter shiester sauce, another one of Sriracha, and a squeeze of lime juice.

For the liquor side of it:
Bird Dog Jalapeno Honey Whiskey (Hard to find around here anymore)
Absolut Peppar Vodka
Bakon Vodka (Also hard to find. Pro tip: do not drink straight expecting something magically delicious. Tastes worse than straight bacon grease)
citrus vodka
have also splashed in some lime tequila

Mix of those varies based on what I'm felling and/or who I am making them for.

The usual Worcester, hot sauce or horse radish, salt, pepper, maybe some other seasonings.
Ole Smoky or McClure's pickle spears, add some juice to the mix also.
Celery stalk/rib/stick (whatever) so I can say it's healthy.
Few strips of bacon if time is short.
If I have more time, skewers.
Those could have bacon, sausage, cheese, and topped with a buttered and lightly toasted 1/4 of a bagel half.

Again, what ends up in there isn't always the same. Will probably mess with adding shrimp, grape tomatoes, etc. at some point. Would really like to find a way to add a hard boiled egg that won' crumble and isn't just dropping it in the glass.

Update: I found a recipe for Bacon infused Vodka (people are always throwing bacon in 'em, so...):
750 ml. of pretty decent Vodka (I used Tito's)
Fry up your favorite type of bacon
Pour the vodka into a couple of pint mason jars (anything with a tight lid), KEEP the 750 bottle
Divide up about two tablespoons of kinda' clean bacon grease into your jars (I used two jars with about two tsp. each), tighten the lids and shake it up.
Let this sit for 6 hours, then put the jars in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Strain the product thru a coffee filter which will leave the greazy-looking stuff behind.
Pour back into the 750 bottle and use it for your next BM
I like it! YMMV

Top Back Refresh