What's new

Bilstein 7100 Valving

mr. lemons

Member Number
Loc
Alaska
It looks like tons of folks are running the 7100 series shocks on thier leaf sprung solid axle rigs. Has anyone done any tuning on them? I am looking for info on valving, I am thinking about doing a flutter stack for running faster on the mellow stuff. Not even really sure where to start as far as increase or decreasing compression or rebound. Most of the online shock tuning info is focused on coilovers or IFS stuff.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this as well. Here's a good video on how to rebuild them with some tips and how to decipher thier rates.

It looks like tons of folks are running the 7100 series shocks on thier leaf sprung solid axle rigs. Has anyone done any tuning on them? I am looking for info on valving, I am thinking about doing a flutter stack for running faster on the mellow stuff. Not even really sure where to start as far as increase or decreasing compression or rebound. Most of the online shock tuning info is focused on coilovers or IFS stuff. I am looking for 4600 class kinda stuff.

do you already have the bilstens?

Following. Might be installing some 14 inch shocks on the front of my junk after this season. Probably look for used first?

I was thinking about this as well. Here's a good video on how to rebuild them with some tips and how to decipher thier rates.

I did see that, and they have really good shipping rates to AK!

do you already have the bilstens?
I do have them already, I've been really happy with them so far. I have been planning to get into tuning them for years now, but they have been "close enough" so I haven't mess with it.

lightest shims on rebound play with compression to get desired results
I guess that it's good I asked, I was planning to start the other direction. For round one, I was planning to firm up the rebound and space the first shim on compression to soften the little hits.

Top Back Refresh