What's new

bilstein 7100 shocks

Hodgiemoto

Member Number
Anybody running the Bilstein 7100 series remote resi shocks. Wondering if the they're an acceptable yet cheaper option than say the Fox 2.0 smooth bodies or Kings. Also wondering how tunable they are.. Going on a solid axle Toyota on 37s and looking to upgrade so I can go faster over some whoops and shit. Maaaaybe run the 4600 class at KOH this year or next.
And for shit's and giggles what air bumps would you recommend?

I have them on my street/trail rig SAS tacoma. It's mostly a rock crawler so I have no idea how it would do in a race situation. I like the shocks though, they ride nice on the street and work for what I use it for offroad. I am running fox air bumps up front and love them, I want to get some for the rear eventually.

Good shocks, easy to service. Bilstien really does not do a lot of advertising in the off road sector, I think that is the reason you don't see more people running them. They spend a lot on racing. All shocks basically work the same the only real differences is the piston, shaft diameter, and the fluid. Bilstien uses a 7 weight oil, fox uses 5 weight. Inside there are shim stacks like everyone else. You can order parts direct from Bilstien in SoCal from their website.

Thanks for the replys. I didn't really know about these till I saw them on a websie. 200 bucks. I'll have to try to figure what shims to order with it when the time comes. You see Bilsteins on a lot of crawlers but not much on race rigs however I see they're sponsoring lite brites 4400 car.

Ive had them on my junker for about 12 years now, very happy. Cant comment on the serviceability- i had someone on the old site that knew what they were doing take my info and tell me what valving to get and that's what has worked from day one.

Definitely not raced, just a beat old school crawler that i like to drive way above crawler speeds on occasion. Radius arms/ EB coils and rear leaves with Timbrens. Had planned on airbumps but never got around to it.

One other thing to consider on the Bilstien shocks is that they are steel and can corrode more than an aluminum shocks like Fox.

One other thing to consider on the Bilstien shocks is that they are steel and can corrode more than an aluminum shocks like Fox.

Pretty sure the aluminum body option is only for the brodozer oem replacement lines, real off road shocks are all steel unless I'm way out of the loop.

Top Back Refresh