What's new

Billing Customers For Rust Issues

You look at the job before you write it up, take into account the rust factor you'll encounter, write invoice for whatever extra time you think it will be. And if your honest, when your done and the job went better and faster than expected because shit wasn't as fucked as it looked you knock some time off the final bill. You cover your costs, customer happy if everything went without a hitch. Its not rockets science.

That is pretty much it.

No.

I bill the normal customer pay flat rate time (most times sourced from Alldata) for the job (e.g. 2 hours to replace front struts, etc.) and if I beat it, that's my reward for working efficently and having tools to make the job quicker and easier. That's the benefit of flat rate, customer is charged a FLAT RATE regardless of the time it takes the tech to do it. A newbie tech might take the full 2 hours to replace those struts, but an experienced guy and no complications can easily have it done in half the time (or less).

If there's known rust issues with that vehicle, I inform the customer that if an issue arises that they will be billed x extra to deal with the issue.

This part makes me laugh.....

Top Back Refresh