What's new

big dumb loads

20220524_204922.jpg

Assuming the side rails were not part of the structural design I agree...
But never underestimate the quality of abuse the trailer has sustained.

Edit
Looks like the tongue to side rails joint failed?
So the weakest point for the load got the ballast from the lift concentrated on it!?
Now the mfg coulda used a hazzard frought welder!

Last edited:
yota82 nailed it

If that was built as a car trailer, it would have another layer of C channel above that, that was a landscaper trailer they cut down, maybe even added 8k axles later

yota82 nailed it

If that was built as a car trailer, it would have another layer of C channel above that, that was a landscaper trailer they cut down, maybe even added 8k axles later

Looking again, it looks very similar to the 7k landscape trailer I have. 14k should have an 8" channel tounge.

Like you said, the side rails are part of the structure. They don't just add them on top of a regular car trailer.

fwiw i had to cut it off and build a new one because it was bent from too much tongue weight and then it got tacoed during a jack knife because dude forgot he had a trailer hooked up when he backed up :lmao::flipoff2:

That doesn't look like a 6" tongue. Hitch shank is 2". That's probably a 4" or 5" tongue.

Everyone discussing the trailer and no one has even mentioned the 1500 3rd gen ram?

Became a rent to own real quick, I wonder how fucked everything below the surface is on that thing. I mean the damage up top is pretty easy to see but I'm guessing crossmembers, supports, frame rails and axles maybe since its not rated for that all in one spot.

On the manlift I can't tell what model it is but looking on their site it is maybe the 8080lb Z-33. So it's heavy but not enough to fold that trailer if it was in decent condition, unless they hit hell of pothole\expansion gap\speed bump and it folded then.

"Before I return this rented trailer I would like to point out that I bought the extra insurance."
I always buy the insurance, which is probably dumb considering that I would have no problem fixing a welded steel assembly myself and rent the damn things using a visa gift card :laughing:

Just put something equally as heavy in the center. bend it back. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh