What's new

Best Rock & Roll concert you've been to

Gamma ray was fucking rad. Saw them at bb kings in nyc, right up front. Tons of energy nonstop awesomeness.

Rush, Power Windows stands out.
Also, Day On The Green 1985 with Scorpions, Ratt, Y&T, Yngwie Malmsteen, and some unknown band called Metallica was pretty good.

Motley Crue. Seen them 3 times. The first time was pre Shout at the Devil and I had barely heard of them. Played a small venue. Niki lighting himself on fire was cool. Every time they have been awesome.......that was all before Vince couldn't catch his breath cause he was too fat.

Seen Iron Maiden 4 times.....every time was awesome.

Dio was amazing as well.

I have seen all those 80's metal bands multiple times outside of Judas Priest. Got grounded once and was out of town the next time. :flipoff2:

Probably my first real concert AC/DC Razors edge in 91. The second would be Metallica Wherever we may roam in 92.

I can't pick an absolute favorite but here are some of the ones that stuck out: Aperfect circle on the 13th step tour in chicago was great, such a good group of muscians. I saw failure in 2019 at the house of blues in chicago. My favorite band that I never ever thought I would get to see at my favorite venue, they were on point as well, great show. Deftones in 2016 at the congress theater in chicago another great show. Meshuggah opening for ministry at the house of blues in 2007 was also awesome.

Last edited:
I grew up in the Bay Area, I left it in the early 80’s. The venues and bands were everywhere :smokin:

I think the last “Big” concert I attended there was The Rolling Stones at Candlestick on the Tattoo You tour in 81 (still got the tour shirt :grinpimp:)

The last big name concert I think I attended was Foreigner at Arco arena (Sacramento). A friend of a friend had access to a VIP box

Kinda tough one for me I've seen so many that blew me away, I'll have to go with Scorpions in 2012. They were doing a retirement tour and really drew a fan base crowd it was like being back in the 80s all over again. It didn't hurt they were playing tight and Klaus's vocals were right on point.

If I remember correctly, Scorpions/blackout, with iron maiden/number of the beast, & girls school in Vancouver, 2 days later same scorpions and maiden with xtc,In Edmonton, whatever yr that was.

The Who at Anaheim Stadium with Little Feat, Rufus & Chaka Khan and Steve Gibbons Band; in 1976.

That was an awesome and memorable day. They had to stop the concert for a while because the crowd on the third deck was stomping in harmony; causing the third deck to oscillate up and down at least 10 ft. I was sitting in Right Field, near first base, and it was quite a sight to see it oscillate so much :eek:

The Who were awesome, and it was neat that I got to see Keith Moon play before he croaked.......

Last edited:
We’ve seen a few but our favorite is Rob Zombie. He put on one hell of a show.

Got to see Clutch in our butt fuck nowhere town Innisfail at the Daines Rodeo grounds with maybe 200 people, was like a private concert.

Ozzfest '99 at the gorge. Absolute stellar line up top to bottom.

Been to hundreds of shows. Hard to say what the 'Best' was. Been to classic rock shows that had a good performance, like aerosmith and GnR. Been to big multi day shows with bands on multiple stages, plenty of small shows, and saw some big bands in small venues, garage bands bar bands you name it.

My 3 most memorable

Craziest: around 1999 Rage against the machine @ oakland. Just one massive mosh pit on the floor and it was completely packed. I remember looking around and seeing rows of people trying to get on down to the floor and security guards trying to stop them and getting knocked down and trampled. I have never ever seen that much energy in a crowd and I dont think you could ever recreate it.

Best visuals: Rammstein @ family values tour 97-ish. Fire fire everywhere! Green fire blue fire red fire, flaming helmets, flaming guitars, everything was on fire. At one point the singer had a flaming bow and arrow and fired a flaming arrow over the top of the crowd (arrow on a zip line thing) and when he fired it you could feel the heat from the fireball passing over head

Most nostalgic: Saw pearl jam unplugged with Chris Cornell the year before he passed. Played a long set and Chris and Eddie sang temple of the dog tunes.

Can't remember if there was a tour name. The lineup was Intronaut, Animals as Leaders, and Meshuggah at Pop's.

Back in the mid to late 80s I saw Scorpions, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motley Crüe, and Metallica.

I saw Judas Priest again in later years as well as Metallica and Iron Maiden a couple more times.

I honestly have to say that Iron Maiden's last tour was the best concert I have ever been to. Those old bastards have been playing together for so long and they're so tight. And even though Bruce's voice ain't quite what it used to be he still amazes and I love his showmanship.

I saw AC/DC on their last tour (missed the other times they came through town) and they were pretty good fo a bunch of old guys.

Other notable mentions are U2, and the Rolling Stones.

I was at Lollapazoola in '92 in Minneapolis. Soundgarden, Ministry, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam. It was more of an experience for me as compared to a 'concert' where I was there to sit and really listen to the music.

Worst concert I ever saw was Cheap Trick. Robin Zander sucked. He barely addressed the crowd and was completely uninspiring.

I've been to a lot of concerts but my all time favorite was Iron Maiden, Powerslave tour 1984. Twisted Sister was supposed to open but were unable to so Maiden got to play for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours.:smokin:

A close second was Monsters Of Rock 1988 at Mile High Stadium in Denver - Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, Scorpions and Van Halen.

3rd would be Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime tour.

My favorite small venue show was Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus.

Last edited:
Aerosmith dueces are wild tour in Las Vegas in 2019 was probably the best ive been to so far, both the wife and i being raised listening to them then having the chance to see them i couldnt pass up. I would do it again if the chance was there without thinking twice. I was going to in 2020 but that fucking election infection china flu fucked that all up.

Shinedown and the carnival of madness tour in kennewick was a damn good show epsecially for a local show.

Outside of rock Garth Brooks put on a awesome show...before he did his Biden innaguration bullshit this year i would have said i would definetely see him again, now it would honestly be a hard pass.

I've always wanted to see AC/DC but was under 21 when i had the chance to and they were playing in a bar. If they go on tour again i will be buying floor tickets even if it cost me $500 a ticket just to be able to say i was able to see them. Axl Rose can eat a dick, i wont be buying tickets for that one.

Last edited:
I wouldnt use the words rock and roll to describe Faith No More / Guns-N-Roses / Metallica

and the next day was Lollapalooza 2

long story short we got a special discount for one of the nicest suites in Houston.. figuring we might land next to a band.. it was 8 of us, splitting a suite for like 200 for each of us, per night (2 nights).. we ended up with the room next to Red Hot Chilli Peppers.. had a great time.. don't remember most of it, except for the following morning hangin out with them.. but a couple of my friends filled me in on how I played it real cool like..

Last edited:
Slayer/Lamb of God at the Bomb Factory. Wife tore her ACL, but the show was bad ass!

Mayhem Fest with Rob Zombie, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Korn, Chimara was as good but it was so fucking hot

Best show ever. 2004 Crossroads Guitar Fest in Dallas. Bo Didley, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, BB King, Joe Walsh, Steve Vai, ZZ Top, John Mayer, and more.

Dirty Heads.

Super small club so we were front row and only like 3ft away from the singer.

Saw them again at XFest a few years later and it wasn’t nearly as fun.

Just to fit in with you old fucks Steppenwolf And Foghat was fun to see when I was a kid. :flipoff2:

Late '90s, had front row seats for Santana. Being able to watch all the musicians play and hearing the music through the stage monitors was a whole different experience.

Jackyl. Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix. Small venue, and the stage rotates. It was like a giant clam bake in there. Pretty sure it was the cause of my current memory loss, and the shitty hearing I have today.

I saw Ted Nugent and Jackyl in the parking lot of a Hooters in high school on a school night, I couldn't hear a fucking thing till noon the next day:laughing:

Reactions: 2JZ
I wish to one day see a live Rock n Roll show.

Ha... Rock and roll I don't have much but some of my more memorable have been Oingo Boingo, The Cure, Depeche mode with Nitzer Ebb

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh