What's new

Best Rock & Roll concert you've been to

SanDiegoCJ

Non-Lemming
Member Number
Loc
Filer, Id.
What was your personal favorite Rock & Roll concert that you attended ?

Mine....................................... The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over tour.

SRV in about 1985. Played a tiny club in Florida. The stage was about 18" high and I stood right in front of him for the entire show. Sofaking loud.

Styx. They were the first band that Dad ever attended when he was a youngin'. Something like 30 years later, he took me to my first concert. Also Styx.

So we both saw Tommy Shaw live as our first concert. Kinda neat. Come Sail Away was really intense.

Styx. They were the first band that Dad ever attended when he was a youngin'. Something like 30 years later, he took me to my first concert. Also Styx.

So we both saw Tommy Shaw live as our first concert. Kinda neat. Come Sail Away was really intense.

So you sayin' your dad really wanted to see you see Styx?:flipoff2:

Kinda tough one for me I've seen so many that blew me away, I'll have to go with Scorpions in 2012. They were doing a retirement tour and really drew a fan base crowd it was like being back in the 80s all over again. It didn't hurt they were playing tight and Klaus's vocals were right on point.

That’s a tough one. I went to G&R (use your illusion) and Metallica (black album) back in 1992? At the Houston Astrodome. The best overall show ever, even though axle was late. :rolleyes:

We saw Brett Michaels at a small venue (we were in the back and was only 10-15 yards from him) a few years ago. He came out and played every poisen you wanted to hear. It was about a 45 minute set, mic drop and done. Panties dropped throughout the venue.

Rush being second row center stage was awesome

a few years ago seeing G&R again in Vegas was awesome. They played every song they ever made. Slash never stopped. :smokin:

ill think of more

Marilyn Manson, Antichrist Superstar tour, Richmond Colosseum. It was a spectacle all the way around in addition to being a very kick ass show. So many awesome moments in that show and the random hotties running around in leather and lingerie were very cool also. The yelling back and forth between the concert goers and the christains trying to preach and pray for your souls while handing out generic brand sodas was hilarious. Would love to go back in time and see it again.

Tool in Hershey 10k days tour it was added in last minute no cameras recording devices event wasn't on the shirt like it never happened.

I'll never forget it, always figured I'd go see them when they were old and playing in a bar.

Kinda like what they said about the 60s, if you remember them well you weren't really there... Now in later years that I remember them I can't really pick a favorite, I don't go to many crappy performers concerts.

Johnny cash

Granted I was only 7 years old at the time and remember very little of it, but I at least get to say I've seen him:flipoff2:

1st concert , I was 13 , but tied with Summer Jam as best concert
I was physically restrained(DAD) when i tried to get in a van with my sister to go to Woodstock

5298a.jpg

6a01a3fcec1396970b01b8d142948b970c-pi.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-07-27-at-9.51.13-AM-e1532699536306.png

bbb2f198199604433ce4d473b7dd7b96.jpg

Toss up between Judas Priest/Saxon in 2019 or Slayer/Carcass in 2016. Priest I guess. Slayer ruled, but the show started late and Carcass only got to play half their set because Testament was between the two and refused to cut theirs short at all. Their set fucking sucked and Chuck Billy's dumb ass wouldn't shut the fuck up between songs.

Metallica, and justice for all tour. Stabler arena in Allentown. That was my first. Tool was amazing, so many choices. the one that's stuck in my head is the slayer show, last live performance for me before the shit hit the fan. So much fire!:smokin: so much raw power. I need to see a show, I'm going through withdrawal.

Tool in AC November 2019, smallish venue 10k seat theater. Saw them in Newark and Brooklyn same tour but AC was more intimate and special.

Live. That band played awesome.

Close second was Rage Against the Machine in Chicago. I expected it to be preachy but it was just music.

Third just for the showmanship was Fountains of Wayne. The crowd was throwing shit at them and booing and they didn't skip a beat. Until the drummer got hit in the face with a shoe.

Iron Maiden - Legacy of the Beast tour, Rogers Arena. For an old fucker, Bruce puts on a pretty impressive show.

Every time they were in town prior i either ended up on the road, or couldn't get tickets. I was bound and determined not to miss them again.

Saw Deep Purple with the classic lineup. Probably the best show. Foghat was the rowdiest. Scorpions had the worst sound system. Ted Nugent was meh... and that was 1979 during the peak of his popularity. Clapton was boring, although the sound was crisp.

Iron Maiden - Legacy of the Beast tour, Rogers Arena. For an old fucker, Bruce puts on a pretty impressive show.

Every time they were in town prior i either ended up on the road, or couldn't get tickets. I was bound and determined not to miss them again.

Yeah forgot about Maiden, saw them 4 or 5 times. There's not a better stage show going.

RUSH Clockwork Angels tour 2013 in Nashville. That was my first time to see them and it was amazing!
The light show was a sight to behold!

Jackyl. Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix. Small venue, and the stage rotates. It was like a giant clam bake in there. Pretty sure it was the cause of my current memory loss, and the shitty hearing I have today.

So many...

G.B.H./ circle jerks in Chicago
SubhumanS in Milwaukee
Turbonegro
Extinction of Mankind

Crust fest in Chicago, so many great bands, slept in a ghetto squat, partied in a vacant warehouse, got way too wrecked on booze and drugs, Scotty Death left my passed out ass in a random car. Got rowdy in a Mexican restaurant at an unreasonable hour. Chick puked all over my boots when 8 shoved a buddy out of the way of her vomit . 10/10 would do again

Top Back Refresh