What's new

Beard oil/ mustache wax

So do a lot of us. But any other time, I like to be presentable.
Likewise.

I've worked on being more presentable since I ditched my ex and I've noticed people treat me better professionally/personally. I also have every woman I've been with since remark on how good I smell and comment on it even after we hung out.

Barely takes any effort so why not

I like Mod Living oils.

I make my own beard and hair oils. Jajoba, sweet almond and apricot oil. All have a neutral smell. Add essential oils if you want a fragrance.

I like Mod Living oils.

I make my own beard and hair oils. Jajoba, sweet almond and apricot oil. All have a neutral smell. Add essential oils if you want a fragrance.
Been casually thinking about doing this since I'm so cheap. Do you have a recipe that you use?

I bet soap is easy too.

in a previous life I had a handlebar mustache as wide as my head, so I'm no stranger to wax.

but then it turned into being a hipster thing so now I just comb it down.

basically anything that was mostly beeswax was my preference.

for your amusement:
IMG_20161105_163618.jpg

Most days I smell like engine or hydraulic oil, diesel, grease, ATF, antifreeze, 2 stroke exhaust or sawdust.

Once at the Dr's office the nurse said I smelled like a mechanic shop. "Well, thank you!"... apparently it wasn't a compliment. Haha.
I had worked a 14hr shift and was still in work clothes.
Carving cedar a lot I have had more ladies say you smell amazing when I walk in to a room than any flavor of come fuck me juice I wore in the past. The chicks dig cedar. :lmao:

If your beard needs all that shit to survive you should accept that you were given weak genes at birth and keep it trimmed.
no one said it needed anything to survive. people use stuff to look less shitty.

there's always discussion around americans being too lazy. if you can't spend 30-60 seconds doing something, you may fall into that group.

no one said it needed anything to survive. people use stuff to look less shitty.

there's always discussion around americans being too lazy. if you can't spend 30-60 seconds doing something, you may fall into that group.
I comb mine every morning and very likely have more beard than most taking part in this discussion, I'm just not a prissy hipster. :flipoff2:

-keep it trimmed.
Fuck that. :flipoff2:

As for oil and washing stuff, I use stuff from Every Man Jack, preferably sandalwood scent.

Forget finding beard oil that smells good. It all smells basically the same unless you picked up some patchouli shit or something.

but what if it's my goal to look like a crazy homeless person so they stay away from me?

edit:
I use whatever my wife puts in the shower because it matters a lot more to her what I smell like than it does to me.
Winner, kinda got a
"You need some conditioner "
From her...
Aint nuthin like a thigh vise as you slip in between :flipoff2:

Half the reason I have a beard/ mustache is I don't want to deal with daily bs. Having to oil and wax defeats the purpose
This is why I quit wearing a handlebar mustache. At some point, I said, "How the fuck did I become a guy who spends this amount of time caring how he looks?"

I realized how much time I was wasting waxing a mustache every day and zipped that thing right off with my electric razor and never looked back.

Mustache is kept in a “relaxed“ mil-spec style

I have been trying to grow a goatee for fun, I have been told by a lot of people I look like Walter from Breaking Bad. I just can’t seem to get past the itchy phase :emb:

Maybe I need to find the hat for inspiration :grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh