What's new

Banish 30

Archer

Old Man
Member Number
Loc
Pa.
Anyone running one, seriously thinking about it for my LR308 and my .223 10.5 shorty since it will run on both. Never ran a can but this looks like one of the better ones and Silencercentral will handle all the paperwork.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

If you look around the interwebs Silencercentral doesn't have the best reviews. They also don't make their banish line in house. Its made by Mack Brothers. It is also worth finding a local shop that will allow you to have conjugal visits while you wait for the ATF to snail their way to approval as well. Most people report having to wait another 20 or so days after ATF approval to get Silencercentral to send them their can.

I don't have any experience with the Banish 30 but it is pretty similar in design to the SilencerCo 36M except the 36M can handle 9mm and upto .338 Lapua.

I used Silencer Shop for both of my cans through a local dealer. I bought both online where I could find the best deal then had them sent to my FFL, who is a SS authorized dealer. Bought my stamps on SS website and did the paperwork electronically with my FFL. Was very easy. Fingerprints were done on paper and sent to SS for upload, they are now linked to my account for any future submissions.

Personally I would not touch a Banish. Better offerings out there

Not saying your wrong because this will be my first can so can you give me a bit more why you wouldn't buy a Banish 30? Other than Silencer Central taking as long as everyone else for the paperwork I haven't found a bad review and I was gonna buy from my local shop and have them do the paperwork which they said they do.

The Banish 30 was Guns and Ammo #1 pick for 2021? I really like being able to break it down for my shorty or keeping it longer for my 308, any other suggestions for something comparable would be great?

It hasn't been an easy decision for me to make, not a fan of sending any paperwork to the man to ask permission for anything let alone one of my rights and it's also a pricey investment so I'd like to do it once and be done.

.Thanks for any input.

Not saying your wrong because this will be my first can so can you give me a bit more why you wouldn't buy a Banish 30? Other than Silencer Central taking as long as everyone else for the paperwork I haven't found a bad review and I was gonna buy from my local shop and have them do the paperwork which they said they do.

The Banish 30 was Guns and Ammo #1 pick for 2021? I really like being able to break it down for my shorty or keeping it longer for my 308, any other suggestions for something comparable would be great?

It hasn't been an easy decision for me to make, not a fan of sending any paperwork to the man to ask permission for anything let alone one of my rights and it's also a pricey investment so I'd like to do it once and be done.

.Thanks for any input.

im not a fan of the "modular" rifle suppressor, i think its a solution looking for a problem. Even on some of the pistol cans, i think it gets a little overdone, but i think a better case can be made for that feature with pistol calibers than it can when you are switching from 223 to 300 win mag, perhaps. its also heavy for a 9 inch and 7 inch can thats TITANIUM.

only direct thread, which isnt actually bad but if you want to make it truly mulitcaliber like this modular thing is designed for, you dont want to be locked into one thread always. with QDs/brake attach, you can keep different rifles threaded and get the brakes to fit. Now, there is an extra cost there but i think its completely worth it.

call me old school, but a take apart centerfire can is not what i would really want. i think thats what some are moving to because people have this OCD about their cans being SUPER CLEAN (they get quieter as there is some residue inside, and obviously, there is a point where they are full up). But really, i dont see the point. a good, precision, quiet centerfire can that handles up to 300 RUM would be what i wanted with brake attach options that i didnt need tools to take apart and dont have to worry about cleaning for years.

again, my opinion is the Banish is not that good a can. Guns and Ammo is like consumer reports, they get paid to advertise for companies. According to Pew Science, the Banish is the 12th best 308 suppressor, overall, FWIW.

Also, FWIW, i wouldnt piss on Silencershop if they were on fire. i learned 10-12 years ago to steer clear of them. and this was when they were just a hole in the wall in Austin, and before they got dumped by every major manufacturer for violating MAP and then few remember that SS crashed the original eforms Form 4 system which set us all back 7 years because they were trying to game the system.

for my money, they suck, if you have problems with the certification now, they will always blame your local shop and ive heard horror stories about them letting things sit in the que for 3-4 months. for what they do, they are a scam and trying to be some third party grifters onto something that doesnt need their stupid asshole noses poking in it. fuck them.

I’ve used Silencer shop for 2 completed form 4’s and 1 in atf jail right now. I have had zero issues with them in those 3 transactions. I did the third through the local SS FFL to make sure he got paid for the sale. I told him what I wanted, he ordered it, then we used SS for the trust paperwork. I assume I could go caress it, but I have 2 in my possession, so no need for that. My last one I got is a JK Armament, which can be reconfigured for more or less baffles, and uses some mounting system, that once I figured it out, I do like it. I bought the JK thinking I could move it, but reality is my 300 blk is so fun with it, it may never come off.

I am not an advocate for SilencerShop, either. Purchased a YHM Phantom that needed a weird QD thread pitch (AC-556, 9/16x24 IIRC). They said, "No Problem". They never shipped it. I had to go directly to YHM and purchase a QD mount that I had already paid for. YHM's customer service is as acerbic as SilencerShop, too, the QD mount shipped without the retainer/spring/clip. I had possession of the suppressor for over six months before I could use it (over 18 months of back and forth with SilencerShop with ZERO results). They did tell me they were working on it though... right....

im not a fan of the "modular" rifle suppressor, i think its a solution looking for a problem. Even on some of the pistol cans, i think it gets a little overdone, but i think a better case can be made for that feature with pistol calibers than it can when you are switching from 223 to 300 win mag, perhaps. its also heavy for a 9 inch and 7 inch can thats TITANIUM.

only direct thread, which isnt actually bad but if you want to make it truly mulitcaliber like this modular thing is designed for, you dont want to be locked into one thread always. with QDs/brake attach, you can keep different rifles threaded and get the brakes to fit. Now, there is an extra cost there but i think its completely worth it.

call me old school, but a take apart centerfire can is not what i would really want. i think thats what some are moving to because people have this OCD about their cans being SUPER CLEAN (they get quieter as there is some residue inside, and obviously, there is a point where they are full up). But really, i dont see the point. a good, precision, quiet centerfire can that handles up to 300 RUM would be what i wanted with brake attach options that i didnt need tools to take apart and dont have to worry about cleaning for years.

again, my opinion is the Banish is not that good a can. Guns and Ammo is like consumer reports, they get paid to advertise for companies. According to Pew Science, the Banish is the 12th best 308 suppressor, overall, FWIW.
What do you think of the Omega 300?. It's sorta modular in that you can get different end caps for it.

What do you think of the Omega 300?. It's sorta modular in that you can get different end caps for it.

I think the omega is a jack of all trades. Lots of mount options. I don't think the brake on the end is my cup of tea but it's a solid can and at 7", decent all around can.

I think the omega is a jack of all trades. Lots of mount options. I don't think the brake on the end is my cup of tea but it's a solid can and at 7", decent all around can.
I've used it on 6.5CM, 6GT, 6 ARC and .308., all with the .30 end cap, seems to work fine, and is reasonbly light at 12oz, Yeah with the 6mm calibers especially, it's not like I'm trying to tame crushing recoil or massive muzzle flip.

If modularity is important to him the 36M is essentially the Modular version of the 300 and is the same weight in full length.

Appreciate all the input, I'm open to any suggestions, any other cans anyone would recommend for my app.

Didn't Omega 300 recently have a recall? Was it just a certain batch thing?

BTW, it wasn't SilencerShop I was originally looking at, it was SilencerCentral if that makes a difference. Think their out of South Dakota.

I bought my only two cans out of SilencerCentral. A Banish 22 and a Banish 45. So, both pistol cans, but I have no complaints. They seem quiet to me. They’re easy to take apart without tools, and the threaded portion is easily swappable for different threads.

So, I’m not very knowledgeable about the subject at hand, but didn’t feel like I got jerked around on anything. I’d go through them again just to save the having to do all the prints again.

I've used it on 6.5CM, 6GT, 6 ARC and .308., all with the .30 end cap, seems to work fine, and is reasonbly light at 12oz, Yeah with the 6mm calibers especially, it's not like I'm trying to tame crushing recoil or massive muzzle flip.

If modularity is important to him the 36M is essentially the Modular version of the 300 and is the same weight in full length.

Disclaimer: I have no first hand knowledge of the omega 300 or the 36m. At one time I was looking into the 36m as a potential purchase but decided to hold tight on stamps at the time

Appreciate all the input, I'm open to any suggestions, any other cans anyone would recommend for my app.

BTW, it wasn't SilencerShop I was originally looking at, it was SilencerCentral if that makes a difference. Think their out of South Dakota.
Omega's did have a recall on a batch of cans. My 36M (still in jail) was part of it. SilencerCo sent my FFL a label and it was returned a few weeks later.

If you have a reddit account check out r/NFA, lots of info on suppressors as well as lots of reviews on SilencerCentral and SilencerShop.

My recommendation would be to not buy a can from either, but use SS to submit the paperwork. Find a local FFL who has expeirence with Form4s, My FFL is newer and I was the first customer to submit a Form4 so we learned how to step through the submission process together for SIlencerShop. At one point we got stuck trying to certify my first form. We called SilencerShop CS and they were extremely helpful and got us pointed in the right direction.

That makes a considerable difference. Ignore my ravings...

Omega's did have a recall on a batch of cans. My 36M (still in jail) was part of it. SilencerCo sent my FFL a label and it was returned a few weeks later.

If you have a reddit account check out r/NFA, lots of info on suppressors as well as lots of reviews on SilencerCentral and SilencerShop.

My recommendation would be to not buy a can from either, but use SS to submit the paperwork. Find a local FFL who has expeirence with Form4s, My FFL is newer and I was the first customer to submit a Form4 so we learned how to step through the submission process together for SIlencerShop. At one point we got stuck trying to certify my first form. We called SilencerShop CS and they were extremely helpful and got us pointed in the right direction.

That makes a considerable difference. Ignore my ravings...

I'm hearing silencershop is still involved. But to each their own.

I know I sound like a broken record but go look @ NFATALK.org they have test results for more combinations than you can imagine and the info is free. Educate yourself

Dead Air and Liberty both make great products. I'm also not a fan of modular cans, I don't see the point even though I own one. Eventually it will find a home and you won't move it around or change its size.

I know I sound like a broken record but go look @ NFATALK.org they have test results for more combinations than you can imagine and the info is free. Educate yourself

Dead Air and Liberty both make great products. I'm also not a fan of modular cans, I don't see the point even though I own one. Eventually it will find a home and you won't move it around or change its size.

I would hard pause on dead Air. They have a mountain of messed up cans . Sierra 5 and others too. Their outsource manufacturing is really flawed. KGM was making for them. I'd not touch anything from them for a couple years until they prove they have their issues fixed

I have a 36M. I keep it in the short configuration.

Attachments

• FD4A926C-EE08-4C8E-AB6C-7700BCD62655.jpeg
    FD4A926C-EE08-4C8E-AB6C-7700BCD62655.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
I would hard pause on dead Air. They have a mountain of messed up cans . Sierra 5 and others too. Their outsource manufacturing is really flawed. KGM was making for them. I'd not touch anything from them for a couple years until they prove they have their issues fixed

I'd forgotten about that. I stand corrected.

After some more research I'm starting to lean towards the Diligent Defense Enticer LT1, one, it's local, big plus for a business owner, it's light, fits my needs, has high ratings with PEW Science and they can have one to my FFL in 3 weeks.

Their new, anyone with more knowledge have any experience with these or see something in the PS report they don't like?

P.S., I know it says Sub but I think it is for Super too because they have a .308 in the test, again, anyone with more knowledge, pipe in.

I included a stand alone .308 test Again, thanks for any input.

Thanks again for any input.

Last edited:
Whatever you get, do not buy Gemtech anything. The two biggest steaming piles of shit that I own are the Outback II and a Sandstorm. I had the Outback sent back after I first shot it new because it was getting rub. They fixed it and eventually it started doing it again. I’ve had it rebuilt twice because I broke the first replacement core, lol!
I bought the Sandstorm new and before getting 10 rounds through it, one of the welds broke. Sent it in and got it back about three weeks later. Took it out again and didn’t get through five rounds before the same weld broke again. The next trip back took over six months. Good thing I checked with them after five months because they said that they didn’t have any record of it and couldn’t find it.
I did get it back and I haven’t broken it after using it for over a decade. AND they were sold to S&W. I still won’t consider anything they offer.

I got a YHM R9 last year and I’m really impressed with how well it works for what it is. I’m considering getting one of their .308 cans to use on the ‘16 with an 11.5” barrel since they’re rated for f/a down to a 10” barrel.

You don’t need to take apart a non-aluminum can if you have CLR. I cleaned out the Sandstorm and removed nearly eight ounces of shit over the course of ca few months of cleaning to bring it back down to 14 ounces. So much for that self-cleaning myth, lol!

My dealer has 2 dead air nomads that have cracked welds. He was recommending the keymo attachment methods as the best until he broke 2 suppressors in a month. Weld failed and he had to send them back wait for new ones.

I've also heard of problems with the dead air suppressors.

Already have the paperwork started on the Diligent Defense Enticer LT1.

Thanks for the feedback.

Paperwork for The Enticer LTi was submitted yesterday, now for the wait...........

So those of you that have just bought a can how long have you waited?
I was talking to a friend in NH that just picked his up from jail after a year. He told me the the owner of the store where he got his now has some new system with the feds where you get the approval and the can with in a week after filling out the paperwork. Apparently hes the only store in NH with this system.
Anyone heard of it, or total BS. I recall hearing something about this coming soon but...

So those of you that have just bought a can how long have you waited?
I was talking to a friend in NH that just picked his up from jail after a year. He told me the the owner of the store where he got his now has some new system with the feds where you get the approval and the can with in a week after filling out the paperwork. Apparently hes the only store in NH with this system.
Anyone heard of it, or total BS. I recall hearing something about this coming soon but...
No. ATF changed the way they process them supposedly.

Top Back Refresh