What's new

ATF CHECKING MY 4473 AT SHOP I DEAL WITH

You were an investigator for a federal agency? What series? If you were you should have known better than to fall for that, and you should know that any federal agency isnt going to tell your attorney anything until theyre either ready to ask you in for an interview, hand you a subpoena or warrant.
Reading is fundamental! I never said once that my lawyer was gonna get anything from the ATF, I said he wanted the name of the agent inquiring! Nothing more, nothing less. The more information you have beforehand, the better off your defense can be! C'mon, this concept can't be hard to understand! People here acting like I'm gonna be walking in demanding to speak to an agent. That's pretty damn stupid!

About 15yrs ago a gun I had traded in at a shop was used in a murder/suicide. ATF called the local LE and told them I was the owner. Luckily the chief was a friend so he simply called me and asked who I sold it to, I gave him dealer's name and dealer provided proof that shooter had legally purchased it. Even then, no one had said anything about anybody wanting all my records.

Reminds me of:
20 years ago, my wife called me at work to say that an ATF agent had shown up on our doorstep. Turns out my college roommate gave my other college roommate a pistol for Christmas, which 10 owners later ended up at a murder scene in Taiwan, so they were tracking the chain of custody...and friends of the chain of custody?

Anyway, Ossifer Sunglasses explained to my wife that "He's a gun guy too! That's why he got a job where he gets paid to play with guns!"

Wife wouldn't let him in the house, and told him he'd get more cooperation if his employer didn't burn so many kids to death! :lmao:

Reading is fundamental! I never said once that my lawyer was gonna get anything from the ATF, I said he wanted the name of the agent inquiring! Nothing more, nothing less. The more information you have beforehand, the better off your defense can be! C'mon, this concept can't be hard to understand! People here acting like I'm gonna be walking in demanding to speak to an agent. That's pretty damn stupid!

Yeah it sorta is, you thought your going to get a name when you just said your not going to get anything. And like a name is going to help. Like following up with the dealer seems to have been more useful then booking a bunch of charges with a lawyer. Busy or not I'm fine with waiting 30 mins vs spending hour rates.

just received this email.

June 30, 2022
TFA's 2022 Candidate "ATF" Pledge Form

On June 29, 2022, 25 House Republicans sent a letter to ATF demanding answer to questions – questions about why the reported rate of ATF’s license revocations is up approximately 500% in the mere 11 month window following Joe Biden’s public declaration of his intent to increase revocations through zero tolerance of even unintentional regulatory violations on paperwork. Some might notice that there are no Tennessee legislators included on the letter to ATF and wonder why.

Indeed, reports from an attorney who handles ATF matters in Tennessee and similar reports from attorneys in other states indicate that ATF’s revocation mission is not only increasing but it is demonstrating an unwillingness to even negotiate on the statutory right of dealers to submit “settlement proposals” which are also known as “compliance plans” as a means of keeping their licenses.

Information also indicates that many of these ATF license revocation proceedings are for minor issues like failing to fully transcribe TICS/NICS results to a Form 4473, inventory reconciliation issues and even software glitches in electronic records that are the fault of the software vendor – not the dealer.

In light of this clear pattern of abuses and the apparent goal by Biden’s administration to completely choke off the supply chain for items protected by the Second Amendment Tennessee Firearms Association is calling on all candidates in office – in or out of Tennessee to sign the TFA’s 2022 Candidate “ATF” Pledge.

TFA is encouraging each of its members and all Second Amendment supporters to take this pledge with them to their candidates, the incumbents and to any “political event” where “campaigning” might be occurring and insist that these candidates complete the form so that it can be sent back to TFA.

The ATF Pledge (blank) is on this news post on the TFA's main website.

Top Back Refresh