What's new

Anyone going to FabTech in ATL next month

Bigger report coming. But wanted to get a few promo codes out while they are still good

Fireball Tool - TRADE15 (15% off online til the 13th)
Arcdroid CNC Plasma - FABTECH100 for $100 off (unknown expiration)

Did fireball have the new 28mm table on display? Really wanted thta but there was no dates on when it would release or sizes.

Did fireball have the new 28mm table on display? Really wanted thta but there was no dates on when it would release or sizes.
Not that I saw. Only the tables with the smaller holes

I talked new products with Jason - The Combination square will be in my shop as soon as they are back in stock. They also have a smaller size of the Mega Square 4" and 6". The 4" is adorable and I can see lots of uses based on the small size. I already have the minion squares but those dont handle as many angles

Tables were all over the place. Seems everyone is getting into the business. The coolest was this setup from Stronghand -
PXL_20221109_183955178.jpg PXL_20221109_183926546.jpg PXL_20221109_183932764.jpg
It has a gearbox to allow the table to rotate 360* and locks with pins. They also have a smaller version that goes on top of the table. I think I'm going to covert my table to have this, build thread coming

The arcdroid is pretty sweet. Played with it for a while and talked with the guy that designed it. The trace is pretty easy to use and THC is in beta right now - it needs a machine with the feedback control but they should have an addon box next year for plasma cutters that don't. If I was still doing as much work on the fab side it would be on its way now. Just having a hard time justifying it when I need a lot of gunsmith equipment.

Talked with Michael Furick (of the Furick cup) for a while. Gave me some advice on the right setup for a 9 series torch. Very cool, down to earth guy

I bought a BS-85 from these guys a few years ago and its been perfect for my setup, just a little too small sometimes. They released this new saw - Kaka Industrial BS-150 Mini Metal Cutting Band Saw, Variable Speed Ban this year. I've going to upgrade - between the larger 3/4" blade size and it can do a 60* angle. Yes - they have a terrible name.

Played with the Miller 255 Multiprocess. Wasn't impressed that their staff couldn't get it swapped to tig without several tries, but it was a nice smooth weld. The newest Digital Infinity hood was amazing. I have the old version and it was a mind blowing clarity difference. This new one is even better.

There were less machining companies there this time vs the last time in atlanta. It was more focused on fabrication, but lots of cool stuff. Got a couple free pairs of gloves, grinding disks and other goodies.

I pretty much never got to leave the booth. It was a busy show for us, got lots of traffic. Finally got all packed up today at ~4pm, pretty sure I caught something as I feel like shit. Thank god one of our sales guys stayed to help pack up, because I was hurting. Fly back tomorrow, these last 5 weeks on the road have officially kicked my ass.

There was a guy going around offering to shoot video, he did a great job. Pretty sure he charged like $200, and we had the video the next day.

I pretty much never got to leave the booth. It was a busy show for us, got lots of traffic. Finally got all packed up today at ~4pm, pretty sure I caught something as I feel like shit. Thank god one of our sales guys stayed to help pack up, because I was hurting. Fly back tomorrow, these last 5 weeks on the road have officially kicked my ass.

There was a guy going around offering to shoot video, he did a great job. Pretty sure he charged like $200, and we had the video the next day.

Now that would be a fun machine to play with. Even if the video was 5k, it would have been worth it for the video.

They PAY me to play with them. We have spent stupid $$$ on videos over the years, and this one is better than most I have seen.

what is the stupidest thing you have made on one? I know you have made a dick or something else on the thing out of boredom.

what is the stupidest thing you have made on one? I know you have made a dick or something else on the thing out of boredom.
Nah, needs dedicated tooling to make things. So no real messing around, but tweaking the settings to make it run faster is fun. Machine can do 250 ppm, that tooling will run 70 ppm- it came tooled for the show, I did not even toy with the settings to see if I could get more from it.

Top Back Refresh