What's new

Anyone going to FabTech in ATL next month

kf4zht

Red Skull Member
Member Number
The Arcdroid post had me checking if they would be there - Anyone else going?

Its local for me, so easy to justify. Right now my hit list on vendors to check out. Mostly about fingerbanging stuff I've been looking at and see if its worth it.

Arcdroid
Black Stalion
CK Worldwide
epilog laser
Fireball tool (met jason last time I went, cool dude)
Furick Cup
John Tillman
Lenox
Schaller

Probably missed a few. Plus its always fun to stroll through the additive and other sections to see where its headed

I was thinking about it. I'm more interested in the manufacturing and industrial stuff. I couldn't find anything on it on LinkedIn though.

Is it just motorsports based?

I was thinking about it. I'm more interested in the manufacturing and industrial stuff. I couldn't find anything on it on LinkedIn though.

Is it just motorsports based?
Not motorsported based at all. Welding, metal fab, etc. Last time I was there a few machining companies were around (HAAS, Tormach) but it looks like most of them aren't going to be there this year. All the big welding companies, places that make brakes and presses, metals suppliers, additive side, laser is supposed to be bigger this year

Maybe, we want to look at a few things in person for work. Depends on how far behind we are.

Yes I will be there all week. Booth B5741 Bihler. We will have our 4Slide NC and a GRM NC machine there. Never done this convention center yet personally.

Going the week before to set up also. Fun fun.

It's huge, and if you're not staying within walking distance it's a pain in the ass to get to and parking sucks. Nice center though and there's a big bar right at the entrance.

Also, if you like Chick-fil-A, you'll have plenty to choose from :laughing:

It's huge, and if you're not staying within walking distance it's a pain in the ass to get to and parking sucks. Nice center though and there's a big bar right at the entrance.

Also, if you like Chick-fil-A, you'll have plenty to choose from :laughing:
Pretty sure we are staying like .6 of a mile away. Our sales guys normally make a job of planning out all the places to go eat- I swear that is like 90% of what they do. But to that end, they do normally pick good places.

Pretty sure we are staying like .6 of a mile away. Our sales guys normally make a job of planning out all the places to go eat- I swear that is like 90% of what they do. But to that end, they do normally pick good places.
If you need any customers that will never actually buy anything to wine and dine, I'll be there :smokin:

I wish I could hit this up since I had to miss IMTS for a international business trip but probably wont make it. To many projects brewing at work.

I wish I could hit this up since I had to miss IMTS for a international business trip but probably wont make it. To many projects brewing at work.
Funny story- know how I know that our sales manager is a retard- he passed up going to IMTS to go to Spring Show and a few other small venues, so we could keep Fab Tech in the mix

Funny story- know how I know that our sales manager is a retard- he passed up going to IMTS to go to Spring Show and a few other small venues, so we could keep Fab Tech in the mix

Fucking idiot. IMTS is a impressive show with a ton to see. I had the new guy go in my place and he was surprised I knew some of the manufactures he talked to. I had a done a few machine run offs for equipment we had purchased from them in a prior career.

Wonder how I could justify Fabtech. I do need to see if there is any new cutting tools or other destructive tools for work.

Fucking idiot. IMTS is a impressive show with a ton to see. I had the new guy go in my place and he was surprised I knew some of the manufactures he talked to. I had a done a few machine run offs for equipment we had purchased from them in a prior career.

Wonder how I could justify Fabtech. I do need to see if there is any new cutting tools or other destructive tools for work.
I mean I can send you a free entrance pass if that helps your cause...

Down here in the ATL to set up tomorrow, then come back next week for the show. Hopefully our stuff shows up, based on the complete shit show I had to deal with the last two days with our trucking company picking up our stuff it will be a miracle that it is here tomorrow!

I'm so glad I don't do setup anymore. I fly in Monday afternoon and out Thursday afternoon.
I am torn on that, I don't like the work but like knowing it is done correctly. Today was a shit show. Get there at 7am, our set up time. Give it an hour or so for the wheels to start moving. Around 8:30 I ask one of the ambassadors about the off loading, as we had not seen our stuff. They tell me it is going great and to reach out to my transport. So I do around 9am- call the driver (had his # from the fuckery of loading him 9hrs late) he tells me he is 3 hrs out! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! BOL and all paper work says he is to be at the marshaling yard for 7am, he insists that he has till noon. No point in arguing - just get here.
Run it up the chain of the trucking company (dead end) and then to our organizer who gives me a bunch of BS which I politely decline as an excuse. At this point it is what it is. We wait it out, truck get there, gets unloaded (off loading crew was amazing, above and beyond service by them), but at this time it is almost 4pm and we are fighting time to get set up for the placing crew (big machine needs to set by crane), bust ass to get ready to go call for that- run up to set it up with event services and missed it by 5 minutes. Fuck but also time to breath.

Made good work at setting everything else up as much as we can- end of the day around 8 pm (4 hours of work after waiting ALL day which really sucks because had truck been on time we could have been DONE and relaxed by end of day) we are as far as we can go. Have 8am appointments for the machine move and electric hook up. All of which we have laid out and ready to go. Hopefully all goes well as we have to bail at noon to get to airport. Looks like I may need to bump up my Monday flight to earlier to do all the final touches.

All in all LONG day, I may update in more detail a few of the 'fun' things we did to make shit happen, but prob not tonight.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 18
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 21
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 22
I had to turn down the trip to fabtech since I dont know what type of training may pop up thru the year. Last year was Explosive handling and ~200 lbs of C4 fun. :grinpimp:

We might need a full report from you on all the different exhibits on welding tables and new cool fabrication tools for normal users.

I had to turn down the trip to fabtech since I dont know what type of training may pop up thru the year. Last year was Explosive handling and ~200 lbs of C4 fun. :grinpimp:

We might need a full report from you on all the different exhibits on welding tables and new cool fabrication tools for normal users.
Hate to break the bad news but most stuff here is not intended for 'normal users' , things we want- yes, but no not things we buy.

If anyone has anything they want to see/get info on, let me know and I will do my best while I am here.

Hate to break the bad news but most stuff here is not intended for 'normal users' , things we want- yes, but no not things we buy.

If anyone has anything they want to see/get info on, let me know and I will do my best while I am here.
You can still spend at least a day looking at stuff that borders between pro and guys with real home shops. Its nice to be able to try on the new welding glove options, fingerbang the new CK tig torches, etc. Especially in the welding section lots of the products are usable in the home shop.

Sure if your a home shop tinkerer that only buys at HF and TSC then most of this stuff will be out of your budget and need. But plenty of (minus all the giant cnc punches, press brakes, etc) is well within a dedicated users budget and reach.

You can still spend at least a day looking at stuff that borders between pro and guys with real home shops. Its nice to be able to try on the new welding glove options, fingerbang the new CK tig torches, etc. Especially in the welding section lots of the products are usable in the home shop.

Sure if your a home shop tinkerer that only buys at HF and TSC then most of this stuff will be out of your budget and need. But plenty of (minus all the giant cnc punches, press brakes, etc) is well within a dedicated users budget and reach.

I would say i border on pro and home shop based on the equipment in my shop and buying the welding table...........

Bigger report coming. But wanted to get a few promo codes out while they are still good

Fireball Tool - TRADE15 (15% off online til the 13th)
Arcdroid CNC Plasma - FABTECH100 for $100 off (unknown expiration)

Top Back Refresh