What's new

Anybody own the Craftsman VERSASTACK 230-piece Tool set?

My work bought the 270 piece Husky set at HD for my work truck.

Its ok....it works.
Screenshot_20221220_194926_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd spend a few more bucks and grab this set instead.

pretty sure this is the new version of my set.

there's not a ton of fluff bit bullshit. I wish the wrenches went higher than 19MM.
that looks like the one i have but mine is red, has lots of duplicates 6 point /12 point. a six point only would be nice to make is smaller and lighter.

I bought a couple of the small crapman ratchet sets now I’ve returned three of the four sets because the ratchets lock up or fall apart and we are talking in the first couple of days of use I grabbed them for one job that has maybe 200 bolt sets to be tightened in small spaces said bolts were about 7/16 and maybe 1.5 inch length

So can’t say it was very large of a project shouldn’t have failed that east I’ve got harbor freight stuff that still kicking and never expected them to last more then one job

i was flush awhile back and bought myself the snap on 1/4 set metric shallow and deep. and i load my tool bag down with a 3/8th set of snap on deep sockets and a set of home depot Huskey deep 1/2 drive impact sockets. 3/8th impact along with a 1/2 impact. then some screw drivers, crescent wrenches and pliers. all fits in a dewalt bag easy enough. and i have to brag on the Huskey deep well socket set. it is a great set of sockets, they have removed bolts when other sockets would not.

go to Sears website, they have last years Craftsman tool sets about half price. I ordered a set for $58 that was the equivalent of the $135 set at Lowes

I have several of these to keep in each vehicle for roadside emergencies

go to Sears website, they have last years Craftsman tool sets about half price. I ordered a set for $58 that was the equivalent of the $135 set at Lowes
You aren’t joking

Ends December 21

I bought that 230 piece Craftsman kit from Lowes in October.

I've had 3 of the 2 drawer Craftsman Versastack boxes in my truck at work for about 4 years now. I use them for hardware and fasteners, they've been great.

I wanted dedicated trail tools, I was tired of moving stuff back and forth from my big box, so I used that Craftsman set as a starting point for a dedicated mobile tool box. I used that Craftsman kit, and added a 2 drawer Versastack box to it for additional stuff. If you want to be able to lock and unlock the toolbox set, it has to be on top. If you attach another Versastack box on top of it, you can't access the locking knob that keeps the drawers closed.

It's not perfect, but so far I'm mostly happy. There's still not enough room for everything I want with me, so I still have a tool bag with some random stuff in addition to what's in the Craftsman Versastack stuff.

I'm pleased with how well the Versastack stuff has held up, I've got a decent amount of experience with them now, but my work truck isn't abused as much as my Jeep is. Those Versastack boxes full of tools survived a weekend of wheeling, ratchet strapped down in the back of my Jeep. That's more than can be said for the Craftsman 3 drawer steel tool box that the Versastack stuff replaced, that piece of garbage ripped 3 drawer slides off the box in one weekend of bouncing off rocks.

This thing sucks.

Timely. This was just delivered today. Tekton 1/4" set. I like the fact Tekton has no skips. I fuckin' hate skips.

I was working on my mower this summer and had to make a store run. I left my toolbox tray with all my 1/4" stuff on the bed cover. Fell off into 3' tall grass somewhere on the road.:homer:

tekton.jpg
ah! that's the kit I have too. I thought it was Neiko? Maybe my larger kits are Neiko.

I bought that 230 piece Craftsman kit from Lowes in October.

I've had 3 of the 2 drawer Craftsman Versastack boxes in my truck at work for about 4 years now. I use them for hardware and fasteners, they've been great.

I wanted dedicated trail tools, I was tired of moving stuff back and forth from my big box, so I used that Craftsman set as a starting point for a dedicated mobile tool box. I used that Craftsman kit, and added a 2 drawer Versastack box to it for additional stuff. If you want to be able to lock and unlock the toolbox set, it has to be on top. If you attach another Versastack box on top of it, you can't access the locking knob that keeps the drawers closed.

It's not perfect, but so far I'm mostly happy. There's still not enough room for everything I want with me, so I still have a tool bag with some random stuff in addition to what's in the Craftsman Versastack stuff.

I'm pleased with how well the Versastack stuff has held up, I've got a decent amount of experience with them now, but my work truck isn't abused as much as my Jeep is. Those Versastack boxes full of tools survived a weekend of wheeling, ratchet strapped down in the back of my Jeep. That's more than can be said for the Craftsman 3 drawer steel tool box that the Versastack stuff replaced, that piece of garbage ripped 3 drawer slides off the box in one weekend of bouncing off rocks.

This thing sucks.
Good, someone finally got to my original question :flipoff2:

What are the wrench sizes that come with it?

I keep this exact set in my truck. I got it on sale at Cosctco a couple years ago for $80

It's completely store dependent. I know the Lowe's and Ace hardwares around me don't ask any questions and will tell you to pick what you want if they don't have a match. I don't know if they care too much or not at all about the warranty, but it works for me
Lowes gives no fucks or didnt used to. I had a lady return an Earnst Home and Garden lawnmower absolutely beat to fuck because she bought it at out store earlier in the spring and it didnt hold up well enough. :lmao:

Serious? I thought they were carrying the warranty forward. That's some bullshit
Ive tried at our local napa store, they now peddle it. Nope, we dont offer single item warranties, call this number. Ive tried at the big box, lowes, same answer. I built out boxes for both of my sons. full of thousands in their junk sadly. I told my boys when they break just replace them with something else that you can get warrantied out. pic below is my youngest and his project along with his box. just sucks. I'm a snap on tool whore so......he comes to me. :laughing:

20170321_204731.jpg

I run a set a 1/2in husky impacts, HF ratchets, combination of metric sockets, shallow and deep with some duplicates, wrenches, extension, knuckles and breaker bars and a 1/2 Fuel impact. Assorted screwdrivers and allen related shit. All fits in either a dewalt or husky tool bag. If that doesn’t cover it I may be fucked.

After my last experience with trail breakage(not mine luckily) a chain and boomer is in my rig. Broken leaf spring and we went through a couple of cheap ratchet straps getting out. Kept losing the wood block we stuffed between the axle and frame:laughing:

After my last experience with trail breakage(not mine luckily) a chain and boomer is in my rig. Broken leaf spring and we went through a couple of cheap ratchet straps getting out. Kept losing the wood block we stuffed between the axle and frame:laughing:
Cheap ratchet straps…

I caught shit a few years ago when someone saw my northern tool special ratchet straps (4/$7 bucks, 1”x10’). As long as you treat them as one-time use only, they are super handy for the “get it off the trail” repairs. Don’t take up shit for space either. We’ve used them a dozen times for broken suspension components, broken t-case mounts, basically anything that a welder wouldn’t fix if you don’t have extra steel.

Cheap ratchet straps…

I caught shit a few years ago when someone saw my northern tool special ratchet straps (4/$7 bucks, 1”x10’). As long as you treat them as one-time use only, they are super handy for the “get it off the trail” repairs. Don’t take up shit for space either. We’ve used them a dozen times for broken suspension components, broken t-case mounts, basically anything that a welder wouldn’t fix if you don’t have extra steel.
They have their place for sure. Used them many times to get someone off the trail. But a chain and boomer is handy for other stuff too like dragging logs.

You aren’t joking

Ends December 21
Fuck yah! I just picked up the 299pc socket set. Good enough for my barn mechanicing shenanigans. Only time I've fucked up a Craftsman socket was when I ovaled a 12pt doing impact level shit with it. :beer:

Well I just made a purchase from sears.com today. Wonder what Nigerian prince took my money :homer:
:laughing:
good luck :laughing:

i just clicked over to the site. it looks nothing like old sears. some company had to buy the brand and continue on with it.

edit to add: here is the new owners

Transformco
Retail company

transformco.com

Transform SR Brands LLC is an American privately held company formed on February 11, 2019, to acquire some of the assets of Sears Holdings Corporation. The new company is owned by ESL Investments.

Top Back Refresh