What's new

Another LS engine thread - refresh must-do's while it's out?

Im building a 6.0 currently, using some of the Texas Speed heads that I bought on Black Friday. Spoke with a couple friends and ended up getting the ICT block off plate. Something will definitely be fucked up...but Ive been trying to do my best with cleaning and "thinking" before I install something.

Bought a "rebuilt" LS2 bottom end with a rear sump pan, basically NOTHING else, so learning the hard way about sourcing bolts and figuring out the best way to do things.

9.jpg
11.jpg
16.jpg
14.jpg
18.jpg
12.jpg

Isn’t yours dbw originally? I’d just keep what you have. Shouldn’t have cut the harness. I just did a L59 in an 87 k20 with dbw. It was really pretty easy. But time consuming. I unpinned, untangled, and rerouted every wire.

Also, I started after you, and got it running Friday. If I had more fun money, it’d have taken me half as long.
there's 2 different DBW setups on the LS. I have the early one. No cheap harnesses are setup for the early DBW. I printed all the pinout diagrams and shit but red/blue and blue/green look different enough that I'm not sure its worth dealing with to keep DBW.

Looking like I'm going to convert to DBC, guess it keeps things simpler overall. my PCM should support both, going to pop open the cover and verify the pins/chip are there. One less module and harness but now I'll have to figure out the pedal, easy enough This is all getting put to the side for now for some rust repair & such, it' ain't running next week no matter what so I should just wait and research more

glad you got it done "quick". Probably less of a project than mine with doing the crown vic swap, rust repair, entire rewire, new brake system, steering, interior, rustproofing, etc. Plus I've got a 20month old at home who is more fun. I got 3hrs to work on the truck this weekend and that was a win

and another data point for swap people. Ebay cheap header kits sit right around 28" wide at the collectors. Doesn't look like they're going to tuck between my frame. Got ahead of myself with that purchase, gonna lose some money on that one

Top Back Refresh