What's new

92' Explorer version 2.0 the Towed

1sicbronconut

Broncodolt
Member Number
Loc
Black Hills of South Dakota
Been hacking away on a clean 92' I bought last summer to build as a mild wheeler to tow behind our class A motorhome. So far rebuilt front and rear diff's added a powertrax grip pro to the front, rebuilt the LS in the rear 8.8 with carbon fiber clutches, added disc brakes in the rear and set them up with some 4.56 ratio gears. Running about a 2" lift or so with 265/75-16" tires, manual transmission and transfer case. It's in the shop for the winter getting a 5 on 5.5" swap and some upgraded shock mounts.

photo11779.jpg

photo40048.jpg

photo40050.jpg

photo40051.jpg

Been hacking away on a clean 92' I bought last summer to build as a mild wheeler to tow behind our class A motorhome. So far rebuilt front and rear diff's added a powertrax grip pro to the front, rebuilt the LS in the rear 8.8 with carbon fiber clutches, added disc brakes in the rear and set them up with some 4.56 ratio gears. Running about a 2" lift or so with 265/75-16" tires, manual transmission and transfer case. It's in the shop for the winter getting a 5 on 5.5" swap and some upgraded shock mounts.

I dig it man. I had a 92 that was my first off road rig. I swapped the TTB for a EB D44. Loved that thing, but rust took its toll on it. Yours looks really clean

Very clean Explorer. I have had a 1994 since it was new and have towed it all over the country behind our RV. They are decent wheelers stock, but with those minor modifications it should serve you well. I am a moderator at ExplorerForum.com. Lots of ideas and information for Ranger based vehicles there.

Very clean Explorer. I have had a 1994 since it was new and have towed it all over the country behind our RV. They are decent wheelers stock, but with those minor modifications it should serve you well. I am a moderator at ExplorerForum.com. Lots of ideas and information for Ranger based vehicles there.

Yea I'm on the Explorer forum also on 1sicbroncnut there.

I dig it man. I had a 92 that was my first off road rig. I swapped the TTB for a EB D44. Loved that thing, but rust took its toll on it. Yours looks really clean

Thanks! yea it's fairly clean but the rockers are starting to go, need to replace them or thinking about shaving them and building some 2x4" rock ski's. I have a mild 68' Bronco and a Bronco based buggy I've been working on forever so I'm keeping this one TTB for right now, have a selection of Dana 44 front ends if I ever decide to go that route though. :)

Nice looking explorer. I have a sas'd 93 that use to be that clean LOL

Top Back Refresh