What's new

80% lower

Tiha

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Central Iowa
Anyone seeing any around?
No polymer lowers, just looking for aluminum.

Been watching for most of the year and I totally get there is a rush on guns right now, but 80 lowers and blems? Prices through the roof, hard to find. They gotta be someplace.

I usually do a few for winter projects but cannot even find any this year.

Used to be able to buy blems all day long under $40. I suppose those days are gone.

All of the $40 to $50 ones are OOS. Primary has bare Noreen lowers for $70.

My cousin sent me this back in March:

338536_IMG_0545.jpg

:eek:

Sportsmans warehouse had stripped andersen lowers a month or so back at $38 each. Thought that was crazy, guess I should have just grabbed them and not had to mill.

I do check the locals but that is the nice thing about 80% no shipping regulations. I can buy from anywhere.

What jig set up are you guys using to mill these? I have seen a couple that stand out.... R&B seems to be a decent one. Thoughts?

I did order an 80% last week, seems like $52-$55 is the current new prices.

I use an anderson jig. Cheap one. Where you swap out the plates. I bought it from someone that chickened out. LOL
https://andersonmanufacturing.com/80-lower-jig-kit-gen-2g2-t342-0002.html

I do it on a drill press with a vice similar to this.
https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/clamps-vises/vises-anvils/5-in-cross-slide-vise-64116.html

Not sure what brand vice I have but it tends to vibrate all the screws loose on it.

the drill press I use has some wear so it takes time to get it setup. Typically the jigs get damaged from little slips but if you are careful you can do dozens without wearing out the jig.

I used an end mill to make the big cuts on the drill press.
https://www.grainger.com/product/MONSTER-Square-End-Mill-19LF20

Basically once you get the outline of your well, make plunge cuts with the mill, too much side pressure and it will chatter and eventually break the mill.
Once you have removed as much as you can, then make side passes to clean it up. (I broke a couple bits figuring this out)
Keep a blow gun handy or shop vac.

Having things like trigger group and dial caliper handy help get it correct the first time you put it in the vice.

Also tape the sides, or use some kind of protection so alum. shavings down't work they way inside the vice and damage the anodized finish.

It probably takes me a couple hours to mill one to correct specs and have it look nice.

PM me. We are making 2000 a week. 100% and 80%

Been getting a ton of PMs and I apologize for the delay in response. I am swamped. At the current moment I have 6-7 week behind on variance work and down for the week to install new machines. I will update this when I have 80% lowers to ship.

Last edited:
I'm getting to PMs I will reply tonight. Were adding a few VF2 SS and a doosan Nhp4000. Been a little swamped.

Think I will be getting TWO Schmozilla... just need to run it by upper management. Thanks for PM'ing back!

I lost all of mine in a boating accident. Tragic, just tragic.

Luckily, the boat survived. Crazy world.

Schmozilla send me a PM about the 80% lowers when you get a chance.

Wish I'd snatched up a few stripped lowers a couple months ago. PSA had theirs on sale for like $30 a pop for a while. Been itching to put something together just to kill some time here lately and everything is either sold out or crazy expensive right now. Not just AR lowers either. Even tried to pick up a cheap Glock frame off Gunbroker, nope, they're all like $200+ right now. Thought I'd try out an 80% glock, nope. Sold out everywhere or crazy expensive and everywhere that has jigs is sold out or backordered for months.

Wish I'd snatched up a few stripped lowers a couple months ago. PSA had theirs on sale for like $30 a pop for a while. Been itching to put something together just to kill some time here lately and everything is either sold out or crazy expensive right now. Not just AR lowers either. Even tried to pick up a cheap Glock frame off Gunbroker, nope, they're all like $200+ right now. Thought I'd try out an 80% glock, nope. Sold out everywhere or crazy expensive and everywhere that has jigs is sold out or backordered for months.

bought a 80% glock back in june.....was supposed to in stock.......
they say it will now ship between August 18 -24th......
don't believe it.
company says8 week lead time right now.

Yeah that is my biggest pet peeve right now. Website says in stock and ready to ship. But that is not the case, just poor website management or purposely false advertising.

i think false advertising, covid excuse is so farking old.
with web and inventory software, there should be no excuse.

Hey Scmozmilla sent a PM about lowers. Looking for 80% or finished.

Not sure that is worth the time & tooling needed. I can get an Anderson 100% lower for $79 at my LGS.

Unless you want a Ghost Gun...

That is true, you can actually find milled stripped lowers cheaper.
IF they are available locally.

The 80% is just nice because you can shop nationwide and no FFL required. Milling, at least for me, isn't a big deal.

I am more worried about Biden winning and stopping production of lowers all together.

That is true, you can actually find milled stripped lowers cheaper.
IF they are available locally.

The 80% is just nice because you can shop nationwide and no FFL required. Milling, at least for me, isn't a big deal.

I am more worried about Biden winning and stopping production of lowers all together.

I was surprised to see them in stock and under $100, honestly. I may pick one more up to fill in a upper I have kicking around before the true election panic sets in. With the odd parts I have lying around I have most everything else.

Milling would not be a worry if I still had access to a Milling machine!

Dems getting in worries me too. My wife wonders why I won't vote for them. They have already gone on record as supporting mandatory buy backs of AR-15s. Who knows what else they will shove onto us while they could. :homer:

Top Back Refresh