What's new

79 cj7 basic build.

silverrock

Member Number
I rebuilt this cj7 once along time ago before I had a clue about anything really .This time I still don't know much, but here go anyway.
This is how it sat after 6ish years,i had metal cloak fenders on it and 35s at one time.
IMG_5675.jpg

Then I got the tub off the frame, and rolled it into the corner in the corner of the garage for tear down.
72150226698__1F4C3BE2-64FB-4696-B52D-B4E245F1A46C.jpg

After I pulled the drive train out of it I decided the frame was to far gone to try and patch. It was already patched a dozen times from a previous owner of the frame.

So I found "new" frame that was in better shape local to me so iam in the process of getting this one cleaned up , and fixed.

IMG_2944.jpg

I got the axles on the bench and started tearing them down, gonna do the one piece shafts on the amc 20 and maybe add a truss also.
IMG_2981 (1).jpg

just a nice restore on 33s or 35s 2.5" lift, and locker up front. something to cruise around in the woods, do some basic wheeling again, the buggy is great, but over kill for the local stuff around here.
Right on. I got super lucky when I swapped CJ axles into my Commando. The AMC I got had the old Warn FF kit already installed. I swapped the old selectable hubs out for flanges.

Right on. I got super lucky when I swapped CJ axles into my Commando. The AMC I got had the old Warn FF kit already installed. I swapped the old selectable hubs out for flanges.
oh that's awesome then, ill be switching to one pieces on my 20 also.

over the weekend i got rust buster frame sections on and the motobilt crossmember. should be a solid recover point now. I still gotta add a few gussets and what not still to the front gas tank crossmember.
IMG_3013.jpg

Top Back Refresh