What's new

7.62 cans. Who’s got one?

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
Getting ready bite the bullet and get a can. I’ve been putting it off for about a year know. Anyone got any recommendations or input? Thanks:flipoff2:

Crankylove

Member Number
Loc
Tooele, Ut
I’ve got a Harvester 300 in jail right now. Older brother runs a Bowers Vers .458. Younger brother has two Harvesters, a rimfire can, and one for his .475 Tremor, but I can’t remeber what it is.

Krazykiller

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
WI
I have a AAC 7.62 SD that i run on a sbr no complaints about it.

landscraper

Member Number
I've got a Mask and a Nomad L in jail. 111 and 96 days into the wait. I can give you a review of the Nomad hopefully by the end of the year.

krttrkllr

Member Number
AAC 7.62 SD and Rugged Razor here. If I was to choose between the two, I would go with the Rugged Razor. It is user serviceable and you have the ability to change out the end caps.

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
AAC 7.62 SD and Rugged Razor here. If I was to choose between the two, I would go with the Rugged Razor. It is user serviceable and you have the ability to change out the end caps.

Thanks. The rugged razor was exactly what I was looking at. Watched a few reviews on YouTube. Rugged razor was recommended.

Roc Doc

#580 Really terrific #
Member Number
Loc
Desert Hills AZ
Another vote for Thunderbeast. I have an AAC and I was less than impressed with it's impact on my Tikka in 6.5CM.

78bronco460

Member Number
AAC SDN-6 I bought when it was the new flavor has held up great. Rugged Obsidian45 is my latest for multipurpose subs-only shooting.

Roc Doc

#580 Really terrific #
Member Number
Loc
Desert Hills AZ
AAC SDN-6 I bought when it was the new flavor has held up great. Rugged Obsidian45 is my latest for multipurpose subs-only shooting.

I've cleaned mine in my ultra sonic tank a couple times and it's worn some of the anodizing off. Now it looks battle worn. :laughing:

BigGreenMonster

Member Number
Loc
SC
Had a harvester. Going to get another one. Have an Omega. The omega is really nice but I think the harvester is a little quieter. The harvester is probably 1- 1 1/2" longer than the omega.

animator

Member Number
Loc
DFW
Deadair Sandman-S. It stays mainly on my 6.5 Grendel, but I also use it on my FAL and one of my 5.56 ARs.

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
Looking like it will be the Rugger Razor. Rated for .300 RUM and belt fed. :flipoff2:

Jnull

Member Number
I have an AAC 762SDN6 it was my first can and garbage. Heavy, not mag rated and awful mounting system. It lives on a 300BO SBR. I also have a sandman Ti which is a great direct thread can that’s cheap long and quiet but I only use it for precision bolt guns. My favorite can is an omega 300 with a flat cap, it’s short, quiet and versatile with different mounting options. I mainly use it with an area 419 adapter on hunting rifles.

Rugged makes good stuff and the razor is nice but on the heavy side. My next can will be a rugged radiant, all the good things about the razor but modular and much lighter. I like the shorter setup for hunting rifle use. Also uses a light weight QD brake. Definitely can’t go wrong with thunderbeast either but they’re harder to get a hold of.

Last edited:

Chevy_man

Leftjizz
Member Number
Sig SRD762. Ordered a second a week after I got the first one. Kids need quiet rifles too.

I use it on my Bergara in 6.5 out to 1300. Accurate as anything else I've seen.

Used it on my 25-06 to dump whitetails last year.

300bo pistol with subs is silly fun and quiet.

YHM resonator R2 is next on my list. Run a few qd mounts on the ar's and can direct thread for hunting if need be.