What's new

7.62 cans. Who’s got one?

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
Getting ready bite the bullet and get a can. I’ve been putting it off for about a year know. Anyone got any recommendations or input? Thanks:flipoff2:

I’ve got a Harvester 300 in jail right now. Older brother runs a Bowers Vers .458. Younger brother has two Harvesters, a rimfire can, and one for his .475 Tremor, but I can’t remeber what it is.

I have a AAC 7.62 SD that i run on a sbr no complaints about it.

I've got a Mask and a Nomad L in jail. 111 and 96 days into the wait. I can give you a review of the Nomad hopefully by the end of the year.

AAC 7.62 SD and Rugged Razor here. If I was to choose between the two, I would go with the Rugged Razor. It is user serviceable and you have the ability to change out the end caps.

AAC 7.62 SD and Rugged Razor here. If I was to choose between the two, I would go with the Rugged Razor. It is user serviceable and you have the ability to change out the end caps.

Thanks. The rugged razor was exactly what I was looking at. Watched a few reviews on YouTube. Rugged razor was recommended.

Another vote for Thunderbeast. I have an AAC and I was less than impressed with it's impact on my Tikka in 6.5CM.

AAC SDN-6 I bought when it was the new flavor has held up great. Rugged Obsidian45 is my latest for multipurpose subs-only shooting.

AAC SDN-6 I bought when it was the new flavor has held up great. Rugged Obsidian45 is my latest for multipurpose subs-only shooting.

I've cleaned mine in my ultra sonic tank a couple times and it's worn some of the anodizing off. Now it looks battle worn. :laughing:

Had a harvester. Going to get another one. Have an Omega. The omega is really nice but I think the harvester is a little quieter. The harvester is probably 1- 1 1/2" longer than the omega.

Deadair Sandman-S. It stays mainly on my 6.5 Grendel, but I also use it on my FAL and one of my 5.56 ARs.

Looking like it will be the Rugger Razor. Rated for .300 RUM and belt fed. :flipoff2:

I have an AAC 762SDN6 it was my first can and garbage. Heavy, not mag rated and awful mounting system. It lives on a 300BO SBR. I also have a sandman Ti which is a great direct thread can that’s cheap long and quiet but I only use it for precision bolt guns. My favorite can is an omega 300 with a flat cap, it’s short, quiet and versatile with different mounting options. I mainly use it with an area 419 adapter on hunting rifles.

Rugged makes good stuff and the razor is nice but on the heavy side. My next can will be a rugged radiant, all the good things about the razor but modular and much lighter. I like the shorter setup for hunting rifle use. Also uses a light weight QD brake. Definitely can’t go wrong with thunderbeast either but they’re harder to get a hold of.

Last edited:
Sig SRD762. Ordered a second a week after I got the first one. Kids need quiet rifles too.

I use it on my Bergara in 6.5 out to 1300. Accurate as anything else I've seen.

Used it on my 25-06 to dump whitetails last year.

300bo pistol with subs is silly fun and quiet.

YHM resonator R2 is next on my list. Run a few qd mounts on the ar's and can direct thread for hunting if need be.

Top Back Refresh