What's new

6.7 EGT temps

Mine isn't factory, so I can't comment on factory gaskets.

Is he referring to the manifold gaskets, or the head gaskets?

Manifold, turbo, idk, just seems to blow them:laughing:

I think his tune had his exhaust brake too tight or something

If he is deleted with the factory turbo, he is gonna blow head gaskets

Mine is deleted with a 2nd gen style manifold and a fixed geometry turbo and ARP head studs. I dont have an exhaust brake any more. I also don't blow head gaskets :grinpimp:

Mine is deleted with a 2nd gen style manifold and a fixed geometry turbo and ARP head studs. I dont have an exhaust brake any more. I also don't blow head gaskets :grinpimp:

He was, and I think blew at least one head gasket. Went to an aftermarket turbo and then was blowing manifold gaskets

67,000 miles on mine deleted and its still got the factory head gasket. tuning quality plays a big part. every truck ive seen with the old H&S minimax on it had to be studded because of a lifted head.

so loaded up and did about 5 hour road trip each way. averaged 12 mpg and my highest egt was 1240 if i recall. and it was only there for a bit. set cruise at 68-71 roughly. and just let the truck do its thing. over all pleased.

1723580290322.png

Are 6.7 Cummins just good at spitting gaskets out? My buddy has an 08 with a few things done and is always talking about how he needs different gasket because whatever turbo/manifold/? Gasket is spitting out
6.7s use MLS head gaskets. MLS gaskets are picky on straightness and flatness and surface finish/roughness.

I think 6.7s by long shot aren’t prone at spitting gaskets when done right, if not factory stock.

Is that even possible?

I’d like to think exhaust valves will float long before head gasket will get hurt.

Head gasket was a long time ago, last I talked to him it was manifold gaskets.

We kinda thought it was something in the tuning causing a pressure spike, but that was just speculation.

The few people I know with an early 6.7 has done a head gasket.

Top Back Refresh