What's new

4xFred Williams

Today’s video had more time lapses and more explanation after the fact. What are you guys think better or worse?

Edit: may as well link video-

I fell into a hole this morning at 3am watching YouTube holding my newborn since he didn’t want to sleep.

Beat95yj Frank… check out some of Justin Voss videos on YouTube. I’ve been entertained… not saying Fred needs to be a copy cat… but the audio, video angles and points of view are great

It doesn't have to be that way though. You don't HAVE to have a race buggy or a Jeep on tons with an LS motor and coilovers and stickys to get out in the woods with friends and have a good time.
I figured there was, I think we even talked about it on pbb.

Fordyce is short enough though, you may as well just leave it at the tow rig. :laughing:
I've got $1500 in a 4Runner that goes everywhere the buggies and SXS go. No plans on spending more.

I've got $1500 in a 4Runner that goes everywhere the buggies and SXS go. No plans on spending more.

I'm all for cheap rigs, but no it doesn't :homer:

Maybe, you're at least half way decent and YOU can drive it the same places as the average idiot can drive a more capable rig. But saying a pos 4runner can wheel as good as a nice sxs or buggy is retarded.

Maybe, you're at least half way decent and YOU can drive it the same places as the average idiot can drive a more capable rig. But saying a pos 4runner can wheel as good as a nice sxs or buggy is retarded.
Bold statement, but where we are I can follow a SXS or any of the buggies in my group. Is it going to run the Hammers or anything out west, no. But for where I’m at and what we do, it more than capable.

Bold statement, but where we are I can follow a SXS or any of the buggies in my group. Is it going to run the Hammers or anything out west, no. But for where I’m at and what we do, it more than capable.

specs on 4runner.

Yea thats very location and 'type of wheeling' dependant. He's on the swamp side of TN, not the Smoky side.

I could have a locked Sammy on 30-32" sxs MT's and wheel with all my local buddys no problem. Everything within a 100-mile radius. Now... if we go to Hot Springs, or Katemcy, or Colorado- then I'm going to get my feelings hurt real bad.

That's like saying your pickup is as good as a MDT because you only ever see the MDT grossing 20k.

Yeah if the SxSs and buggys are just putting around and not being used anywhere near your potential you can keep up but that's about it.

To be fair to him, the term "buggy line" sure does seem to be getting overused a lot lately, like on almost any line that is hard or one a JK with bolt ons and 37s can't make. In fact, I don't recalling hearing people using those words 4 or 5 years ago.

I doubt he's hanging with reddots and jhf chassis out at sand hollow though.

That's like saying your pickup is as good as a MDT because you only ever see the MDT grossing 20k.

Yeah if the SxSs and buggys are just putting around and not being used anywhere near your potential you can keep up but that's about it.

A stock golf cart will break down long before $1500 worth of 4runner will get denied:laughing:

A stock golf cart will break down long before $1500 worth of 4runner will get denied:laughing:
I doubt it. I've wheeled both rzr's and talons, been in big groups with other golf carts and haven't seen a ton of failures running west coast trails and rocks. Most of the failures are clutch or belt related unless you fold a link or a arm. I've put both my carts in some sketchy shit too.

I doubt it. I've wheeled both rzr's and talons, been in big groups with other golf carts and haven't seen a ton of failures running west coast trails and rocks. Most of the failures are clutch or belt related unless you fold a link or a arm. I've put both my carts in some sketchy shit too.
Stock axles though?

Every one I've ever seen on trails just snaps axles or tears A arms off on regular stuff that stock trucks can drive up. Bazillion dollar golf carts with portals and race car axle shafts...18" rock ledge snaps axles. Slide sideways a couple feet and jam a tire into a rock...snap or bend an a arm. They're fine for driving around, looks like they're good for jumping and dunes and shit, but they seem to break non-stop. Maybe some don't, but I've never seen one.

Every one I've ever seen on trails just snaps axles or tears A arms off on regular stuff that stock trucks can drive up. Bazillion dollar golf carts with portals and race car axle shafts...18" rock ledge snaps axles. Slide sideways a couple feet and jam a tire into a rock...snap or bend an a arm. They're fine for driving around, looks like they're good for jumping and dunes and shit, but they seem to break non-stop. Maybe some don't, but I've never seen one.
I don't run portals, and I don't run giant tires. 32's are my limit. It's a golf cart after all. But these are from a recent wheeling trip in the high Sierra's. Rocks galore at 10k feet. Both polaris generals had clutching issues due to heat. My honda had none. We bounced through multiple rock gardens. I'm light on the throttle until i know i can roll into it. If i get really stuck on an obstacle, I'll pull line. Im not out there to break shit, im out to wheel and have a good time. I have been in dunes, trails all over JV, Hesperia/ barstow. Ballarat, the back side of death valley, jawbone canyon. You name. Lots of rough stuff by me. But I'm a maintenance nazi. Always doing checks and oiltfilters before recommended service intervals on mine. In 3500 miles offroad in my rzr turbo, never an issue, folded a arm, link, ball joints or blown belt. I was maintaining the clutch and belt per manual after every ride weekend. Til i barrel rolled it because of a blown tire between 45-50mph. Totaled it, bought the Honda so i didn't have to deal with a rubber band. Over 1k miles on this one. No issues either.

My sister and BIL have had multiple issues with their general, mostly clutches. They blew a trans at 5k miles beating the crap out of it at Dumont. They're fairly durable. Not one broken axle or bent a arm. My buddy George had multiple issues with A arms and links, but it was user error. He hammered on his shit while also hammered and broke stuff from a heavy foot and poor judgement.:beer: :confused:
FB_IMG_1662431874917.jpg
FB_IMG_1662431793321.jpg
FB_IMG_1662431647547.jpg
FB_IMG_1662431702960.jpg

I don't run portals, and I don't run giant tires. 32's are my limit. It's a golf cart after all. But these are from a recent wheeling trip in the high Sierra's. Rocks galore at 10k feet. Both polaris generals had clutching issues due to heat. My honda had none. We bounced through multiple rock gardens. I'm light on the throttle until i know i can roll into it. If i get really stuck on an obstacle, I'll pull line. Im not out there to break shit, im out to wheel and have a good time. I have been in dunes, trails all over JV, Hesperia/ barstow. Ballarat, the back side of death valley, jawbone canyon. You name. Lots of rough stuff by me. But I'm a maintenance nazi. Always doing checks and oiltfilters before recommended service intervals on mine. In 3500 miles offroad in my rzr turbo, never an issue, folded a arm, link, ball joints or blown belt. I was maintaining the clutch and belt per manual after every ride weekend. Til i barrel rolled it because of a blown tire between 45-50mph. Totaled it, bought the Honda so i didn't have to deal with a rubber band. Over 1k miles on this one. No issues either.

My sister and BIL have had multiple issues with their general, mostly clutches. They blew a trans at 5k miles beating the crap out of it at Dumont. They're fairly durable. Not one broken axle or bent a arm. My buddy George had multiple issues with A arms and links, but it was user error. He hammered on his shit while also hammered and broke stuff from a heavy foot and poor judgement.:beer: :confused:
FB_IMG_1662431874917.jpg
FB_IMG_1662431793321.jpg
FB_IMG_1662431647547.jpg
FB_IMG_1662431702960.jpg

Ok. Are those pictures representative of typical trails? Because....they look stock truck friendly from here. Especially if it's a $1500 one:laughing:

I dunno, I've never seen a place they went that my stock height 4runner wouldn't. Other than those giant cane tire mud hole ones, but I don't want to go there either:flipoff2:

I'm sure there is one out there that will kick ass, and one day I'll eat my words.

To be fair to him, the term "buggy line" sure does seem to be getting overused a lot lately, like on almost any line that is hard or one a JK with bolt ons and 37s can't make. In fact, I don't recalling hearing people using those words 4 or 5 years ago.

I doubt he's hanging with reddots and jhf chassis out at sand hollow though.
One is a FToy and the other is tube buggy built off a toyota with a one link rear and three link front.

Nah its like saying I take my clapped out 4Runner everywhere my friends take their SxS. Which is what I said.

Youre making a lot of assumptions on the driving style of my friends but go on.

Ok. Are those pictures representative of typical trails? Because....they look stock truck friendly from here. Especially if it's a $1500 one:laughing:

I dunno, I've never seen a place they went that my stock height 4runner wouldn't. Other than those giant cane tire mud hole ones, but I don't want to go there either:flipoff2:

I'm sure there is one out there that will kick ass, and one day I'll eat my words.
Perspective is definitely off and I'm a poor photographer as most of the time I'm driving, not taking pics. A jeep on pro rock 60s with 40s went up before us and had a rough time. I pulled line a couple times and bounced off the skid quite a few. The jeep was a lot wider so definitely had trouble with tight switch backs. But we were climbing 30 ft in elevation roughly every 90ft of trail. It was steep and loose. But go ahead and run it and prove me wrong. I personally don't think you'd have a good time in a stock rig. Even a 1500 dollar one. :flipoff2:
20180526_162247.jpg
20180526_165745.jpg
20200426_125651.jpg
20190831_142129.jpg

We definitely use them. The only thing that broke on that general was the windshield and it got used and abused the rest of the weekend. Needed a belt once. The other poc is a good trail perspective shot from a flat plane. I'm sure your stock truck would have no issues there....:eek:
Screenshot_20220922_213130.jpg
Screenshot_20220922_213231.jpg

Watched the video Fred just posted. I first figured 4290 lbs, but after he mentioned how stripped it was, I figured 3820. Which was within 10 lbs.

Where is my cookie? :flipoff2:

I don't run portals, and I don't run giant tires. 32's are my limit. It's a golf cart after all. But these are from a recent wheeling trip in the high Sierra's. Rocks galore at 10k feet. Blah, blah, blah
It's not worth your time trying to use logic and evidence here. He has a 4Runner that he's way too invested in and he has to keep telling himself it's the best shit ever because otherwise he'll have to confront the fact that he's got a whole lot of money and time tied up in an overweight under-powered turd he's afraid to wheel to its potential.

Nah its like saying I take my clapped out 4Runner everywhere my friends take their SxS. Which is what I said.

Youre making a lot of assumptions on the driving style of my friends but go on.
You are an idiot if you don't see the parallel. The capabilities of your friends vehicles are well known. If you in your vehicle are keeping up it is because they are not using their vehicles to their potential.

I take my Lesbarus where some people take their JKs. But the difference is I have no delusions of my vehicle being on par with theirs.
1500 wouldn’t buy you the tires
His type all lie through their teeth about cost of stuff and how much work they've done to the vehicle because it keeps the "low cost of ownership" lie alive.

It's not worth your time trying to use logic and evidence here. He has a 4Runner that he's way too invested in and he has to keep telling himself it's the best shit ever because otherwise he'll have to confront the fact that he's got a whole lot of money and time tied up in an overweight under-powered turd he's afraid to wheel to its potential.

You are an idiot if you don't see the parallel. The capabilities of your friends vehicles are well known. If you in your vehicle are keeping up it is because they are not using their vehicles to their potential.

I take my Lesbarus where some people take their JKs. But the difference is I have no delusions of my vehicle being on par with theirs.

His type all lie through their teeth about cost of stuff and how much work they've done to the vehicle because it keeps the "low cost of ownership" lie alive.
You seem pretty worked up man, are you alright? You’re devoting a lot of time to tell me how much my 4Runner sucks.

Also, heres a pic of when it was a $650 4Runner.

Attachments

• 6769DFEC-0A56-4661-9BE7-2136B9E91466.jpeg
    6769DFEC-0A56-4661-9BE7-2136B9E91466.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
You seem pretty worked up man, are you alright? You’re devoting a lot of time to tell me how much my 4Runner sucks.

Also, heres a pic of when it was a $650 4Runner.
:lmao:

You're the only one worked up here. I deal with you fools all the time. There is nothing special about you.

Top Back Refresh