What's new

4x6 fabricating table for tiny shop…

FleshEater

Ordinary Average Guy
Member Number
Loc
Pennsylvania
So I keep eyeing up this 4x6 table. It has a 1.25” thick steel top on it.

I would love to put this in my shop, but I’m pretty sure it will get in my way, unless I have wheels on it. However, with wheels I also want to be able to level it out.

I was considering fabricating up small hydraulic bottle jacks for each corner that would jack up the corners when I move it around. Figure I could weld up a square base to steady the bottom of the floor jack, and then weld a tab to push the table up.

It’s hard to explain what I’m thinking. Does anyone have any homemade adjusters for a 1,500lbs. table?

My other idea is to just leave 2’ of gap around two sides and push it into a corner. :confused:

Pic.

IMG_2031.png

I've adopted this method here in my place as well; especially material racks and things that don't need to be perfectly leveled out.

I've got a 1/2" thick top table and a 6 -1/2" thick acorn table but am building something in between. My plan is to have a template made, or make one, with the Bridgeport and then work a grid around the table top with a mag drill to transfer my pattern incrementally. Haven't decided it I want to go with round holes or go ahead and tap the thing.
Fireball tool ftw

I thought this concept was pretty simple and smart. Don't adjust the casters, use some long bolts/screws and lift past the casters.

wished I had room for this beast, what a steal it was for an awesome table base

1702047887079.png

Top Back Refresh