What's new

4th of July Losers Club

shortbus4x4 said:
Mommy kitty is pissed. I'm afraid to take her out of the trap. I'll get her some water and food but she's not coming out until she gets to the humane society.
.22 LR and call it a day

We have a "Fire Weather Watch" inplace on the outskirts of town (high desert, plenty of dried brush and grease wood for fuel). But the town of Hurricane will not be stopped at shooting off fireworks! GF and I drove up RT59 to a lookout over town; plenty of fireworks with most of them dwarfing the city's junk. We could see three or four intown fires start up through the night from our vantage point. Now we are on a hillside with plenty of dry brush and some dickweed starts shooting of fireworks; had to have a few words with the youngster. Kid was damm lucky he didn't start a major brush fire!

A20ACD7E-2226-4D8F-B752-9DCDCB65BE53.jpeg

Did an impromptu BBQ. Wife said we should grill so I ran down to smart and final for some chicken, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, beef brisket, some shrimp, corn on the cob, a fat vidallia onion and some garlic bread to toss on the grill. Had my mom and her husband come over to spend some time with the grandkids and eat. Watched all the illegal fireworks getting shot off all over the neighborhood.

A20ACD7E-2226-4D8F-B752-9DCDCB65BE53.jpeg

We typically don't celebrate unless the kids are in the parade, which didn't happen.
Worked on my Cummins all day. About tired of it. Thought I was doing a good thing putting new injectors and turbo on it, now all this fucking diagnosing...Still have WTS and ten chimes, fuel leaking back somewhere.
Yard work up the ass to do, so much rain this year.

In

Finished swapping in the rear 1ton under the Bronco.

Bled the brakes and went for it's maiden drive in FWD.

Anyone else living the life of a hermit even during the 4th of July?

My gf had to work so i worked.....on the truck. Tie rods, pitman arm idler arm, ball joints, coolant, oil, some bulbs, etc. It's finally ready for inspection.

I didn’t hear a single firework, I heard it was nuts in the cities. Was it city/suburb people?

There was only 1 "official" show around here but I went for a drive around town and there was probably 50% more mortars going off than in years passed and I was driving around between 11 pm and midnight.

Made it a early night last night. Today ended up being my Monday. Had a bunch of stuff to get done this AM. Spent the afternoon washing the mud off of my four wheeler, and cleaning up my garage in anticipation of our new AC unit getting installed this week. Making brisket cheese fries with leftover brisket from yesterday. :smokin:

Too close to Tahoe and local lakes where the Citiots come up and scream all night, fuck up the boat ramps, and drive like maniacs so we never go anywhere on the Holidays.

Loser or not it’s by choice and had a nice quiet weekend.

I didn’t hear a single firework, I heard it was nuts in the cities. Was it city/suburb people?

Someone shot off some illegal mortars in the HOA (I can see their show from my porch). Other than that it was all quiet. We’re in the middle of dry grass, we don’t mess with anything that could start a fire :eek:

Top Back Refresh